The Official Work Pictures Thread

Work Pics Thread 2.0!

That's awesome,the trunk section would definitely be the more brutal portion for the landscape below,shits gotta go somewhere! Hope u land it,look forward to the documentation 🤗

Yeah, we'll see, just got my numbers together, I'll check with my friend after I submit mine and see what he put

Since I haven't climbed snot since the storm hit a week and a half ago, working every day, and it was a Rest Day yesterday, I shuttled equipment to this split maple on house job, and did groundwork prep... And climbed, solo rigged some, free dropped some yesterday, for a cool morning of chipping, Round 1, today.

IMG_20170516_184750960.jpg IMG_20170517_105601566.jpg
IMG_20170517_180935324.jpg

Made the mistake of involving my groundie in lowering stuff. So much easier to do it myself while climbing. He was very distracted by his other stuff today, plus he's only got 2 months under his belt, so a novice being distracted no bueno. Tomorrow, no phone or he can Uber his ass home. F'ing Stony Millennials.

I tried the mini porta wrap in the tree near me, going up to a rigging point above. Mostly, I've natural crotched stuff nearby or where I can throw above to a higher crotch, or used a belay spool or munter hitch. I may have used a pow as the terminal rigging point before, maybe.

This worked a treat. Feel silly for not doing it sooner.

193t works with one hand in awkward positions so much easier than a 200t, leaving the other hand on the rope.

Mid afternoon he asks for 2 hours early out today and tomorrow. He's a short- timer with his own irons in the fire.

Save's me chipping, raking, and he drives ok. Shows up on time, prepared most days.

After he left, I finished an informal interview with an older guy looking for work, done it before. Might work out better for maintenance on machines, driving, and light site work.

Took a break, drank some coffee, visited with my little friend 😋, rigged and brushed out the rest of the tops, so all brush is down, de-rigged, packed, two stouts and entree salad and fish tacos down. Real question remains... Dessert???
IMG_20170517_200403224_HDR.jpg

in the last pic you can see a beautify, mature weeping deodar cedar or larch, which I've been scaring. Cherry is mistreated, but will look better soon as the storm work settles.

tree got the skylight to leak. Insurance company hadn't gotten back effectively to my bid. I was tempted to tarp it for her at the time of bid, but it was still dry at that time, and I was ready to come the next AM to keep it watertight. I specified that in the bid, and that rain was in the forecast. By the time I left the bid it was 830p. I was tired. It's been raining. most of the impact is coming from water damage. Too bad, but she's getting new paint.

She's taking the chips for mulch rings/ islands, which we'll install.
I'm clearing a big patch of blackberries in the back with the mini-loader and bucket, then doing other tree work in the back. Subbing hydroseeding for the blackberry area and shaded out used-to-be-lawn under the maple. maybe plant a few things for her. She's trying to get on the upswing in life, and has had a pretty positive attitude about how little she was affected, ultimately. She's excited about a landscape revamp, and house and driveway pressure washing, which is much needed.

Kinda cool to be a part of her process in that way. She's really grateful.

That is a no shit big tree job, Willie. Ballpark, how much?...tell us later if it's more prudent.
>$8000 don't wanna post actual numbers till I know if I've won or lost
Not a massive tree but even on flat ground with no targets it's a job

Lotta crap to move WIllie. Going to earn your money on that one. K Boom will be awesome since it reaches. Would hate to have to cut sall chunks of that trunk :|:

Good job Sean. Sometime ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. I am down to Mike and Rob now. a truly seasoned team so long as no one goes brain dead on occasion :/:
Amazing how much can be done with a mini porty when it just is what it is. I self lowered to Mike yesterday since the material was a 1/4 mile haul by mini. Rob's turn around took a while.

Coming in with 3 of her sisters.
0b7d01027929c7fd71d8ed80c012f266.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Insanity's repeating the same mistake over n over again....

At least you're gettin paid for it BodeMan!

120 ton crane?

Jomo

Thanks guys.

I guessed 65T but, it was a 40T.

3 smaller trees were 6k.
4th bigger one was 8k.
They soaked the hell out of them for transport and to make sure they were butt heavy.

Pretty fun and easy.

The digging crew pulled 3 roll offs out for the hole in 1.5 days....

We emptied one in an hour with three wheel barrows running for the backfilling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's bad ass Deva. Biggest I've gotten to plant were around 2000#. Mostly we see undersized root ball for the caliber of tree.

Wow that's cool. We just finished up some planting and the crew was doing about 20,000 trees a day. Impressive to watch them work but nothing like your job.

Ha!

No way. I was the hands on Arborist working with my buddy Brian.

The client has a General Contractor http://www.fpbuilders.com/

There was me who stabilized, wrecked and stump ground the trees.

Brian Kempf was Chief Arb Consultant

Bertotti Landscaping provided all the manual landscaping labor.

Ad lite Crane service.

Bats Traffic Service.

The nursery and the transporter.

I brought saws and gear...ended up doing a lot of shoveling and learning a shit ton.

It was a very involved coordination over 3 weeks in a very busy part of the Marina.

Back