The Official Work Pictures Thread

It does. And Stihl took that bit seriously. They cook like the ones on snowmobiles. Will damn near burn your hands. Toasty warm with gloves in winter.

That would be a special order down here. Would be awful nice to have warmed hands in the winter though. You've got a pretty decent arsenal of equipment going. I need to catch up on my MA if I'm gonna keep up.

How do heated handles work?

Do you know about machine feeding your 90xp?

I'm wanting a smaller chipper like that for access/ weight, and one I can feed with the mini. My chipper is built '70's steel tough. My folding feed tray has two 3/8" bolts that lock the folding part to the stationary funnel part of the feed tray. I'm leaning between a 90xp and 12" bandit or some morbark.

Not really sure on that Sean. Some kind of heating element running off the flywheel.

The 90xp is a 9" top to bottom on the feed, and about a 15" side to side. The Feed tray is pretty well overbuilt. There's two spring loaded 1/2" dogs that lock the tray in the down position. I don't imagine you'd have trouble feeding it with a machine. I only have a 9" Vermeer to compare it to, but my Bandit throws a lot harder, feeds better, and holds it's RPM's. That little gas Ford four banger is super smooth too.

Thanks, Sam. My chuck and duck throat is 9x16.

I fed 2/3s of a multi-trunk maple removal the other day with the mini. Just rev'ed it up to 10. Loved it. Fir limbs are harder, and would probably much better with hydraulic feed wheels.

Sam and Deva tearing it up!! Just catching up...been out of town a few days.

Jed....classic Jedi picts. I missed them. Glad to see.

Some great pictures there gents. Not been on for a while, but as I have said before this is the tread I check first.;)

Been working, been holidaying, had a couple of weeks in Hong Kong, chillin out and catching up with a friends.

Most of my time has been taken with organising my life.

As a family we are moving to Norway this year. The missus got a job starting in September and the kids need to be there for the start of school in August. My house in London is on the market and we have seen a few nice properties over in Norway. Just gotta play the game at the moment.

Not too many pictures have been taken, probably a combination of shit weather and just cba.

Big move Rich, good luck, I'm guessing that a house in London (assuming you're a bit of the way through the mortgage) should fund a decent place in Norway.

cba
Can't Be Arsed. Unwilling to expend energy on the task in hand. May be used more generally in reference to the state of mind where nothing at all seems remotely worth doing.

Just a couple of pictures of a pumped Sycamore I did a few weeks ago..

fbe52e41bf08c6d19c90a430c795ba3c.jpg

4caa1aee8885fba53f4b467446c24cf3.jpg

84e12551cee4edfa708cdaf31d38ce34.jpg

726b4285d8e67776dbaa7ae6f34b0670.jpg

41c265c9b8edce957769d1e8ac788b12.jpg

bd576dcedef675dd6db933d29caa1ebf.jpg

c530de28e3e278aa2f24c25838a1b82f.jpg

1afccd79fe0167db5285b9bd9003b95c.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_6228.jpg
    IMG_6228.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Mick. Yes it is a big move and hopefully should be a better life for my kids. Norway has the things I love, beautiful scenery, mountains and snow.

Cory, it makes me laugh that when you can't be arsed doing something you can even describe that lack of action with a TLA. Kind of ironic eh?

A couple of pictures from the recent trip to Hong Kong. Stayed on a small island called Cheung Chau, where my mate lives. No vehicles, chilled lifestyle, pretty traditional and only 12 km circumference.

Attachments

• IMG_6152.jpg
    IMG_6152.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6007.jpg
    IMG_6007.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6010.jpg
    IMG_6010.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6082.jpg
    IMG_6082.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
+1!

Hella sculpture of da Man.

The bamboo building material- will that be in the finished product or is it just being used to build other building materials?

How has you and your son's martial arts training been going?

Awesome stuff Rich,excited for y'all.
Can't wait to see what comes of the tree scene once you've settled in...will we still refer to you as u.k. Rich🤔
You are going to be doing tree work in Norway right?

Been having a bit of chew on lately with my RR. Managed to pick up a new tending pulley at the Arb Show a couple of weeks ago. It has made the RR buttery smooth again. A pleasure to climb on.

5052d0f540285809fdc7e848e623b7bf.jpg

894deccbcef8c65cfba23fc075b577f0.jpg

f6c33623220c049c2606d61ccb019129.jpg

Rich

Thanks Levi.

Cory, the Muay Thai is still going. My sons had his 8th fight last weekend... still at interclub level as he is only 9 years old. He did very well and dominated the clinch with his knees. There is another on the 1st July which we will do and maybe try to a decision fight before we leave. I have found three clubs in The Oslo area so we will resume when we are settled.

I had to get the snap next to Bruce. He was a bit taller than I had imagined ;). I wanted to climb the rope and get a picture with me low kicking him. I thought best not as the Chinese tourist would probably linch me.

Sgriff, yeah I will be carrying on tree work over there. Don't really know what else would be open to a Brit who doesn't speak that good Norwegian. Not sure if you were aware but I contract climbed over there for about 3 years on and off.

We went over to Oslo just after I got back from HK to look for houses and I spoke to a few Arb firms over there and they have offered me work. Just gotta give them a hola when I arrive. Then the next step is to get a chipper and a bit more plant and start my own jobs. Something I have resisted for years in the U.K. Due to thriving twats, far too much low balling going on with the competition.

You can call me whatever you want... UK Rich, father of two mini Vikings.

Last pic or two then back to strictly work snaps.

Haakons last Interclub. We had some family over from Norway and ended up in Greenwich Park, on the meridian line. I used to live next to the park and have spent a lot of time in there. It dawned on us that day that everyone goes there for a particular picture. But we didn't have a shot from there. What a fitting place and shot for the kids to remind them of their time in London.

b0722ad75bb73e85eef769774f357160.jpg

a9398ae8c06cec0d4a43229d33f3ed7b.jpg

Rich

Cool martial arts update.

Btw, the Bruce Lee statue, is that one of a kind or is it a copy? It looked amazing.

We did some storm damage on the biggest cottonwood I have ever seen! I still need to transfer pics off my phone but this thing is huge we had aproximatly 750' of lines hung, not including climb lines, and three portys to rig this thing. I didn't get any action shots but the limb that was gently resting on the house was about 24" where it folded. The two main leads are four and five foot respectively and at least six log trucks, two ten cord bunks, of wood in the tree. Working up an estimate for removal probably a 100 tonner involved.

Back