The Official Work Pictures Thread

Whichever it is :)...that was a big beast Mick, taken all together. Lot's bigger than your first pic gave me the impression of. Well done.

I discussed the 3 hornbeams in this thread of mine:

Sean & John id'ed the ones properly. Nutball's response is for the one in his locale, which are known to be smaller.

Down to 6', and wood loaded/ offloaded.
Good firepit wood...s'mores this weekend!
Some stove wood for the GF's for winter...job was 2 miles from her house.

Took the top in 2' sections, by pole-chsinsaw, tipped into a dropzone tight to the building only 5' from the butt, with electrical and exposed lighting.

Once i could reach with the lift,
it was easy snap-cut-ville

20210609_122352_09.jpg 20210609_130429_06.jpg 20210609_130429_11.jpg 20210609_132348.jpg 20210609_144951.jpg , .

It went slowly over the day, we redid cribbing a couple times. I was surprised it kept sinking as it usually compacts the soil and stops. Sunk about a foot during the course of the day, we were working directly over it , the tree was at 70' over the house.

Btw @PCTREE , you really should make up some mats, they work far better and setup far faster. I know wood is outrageous right now, but most I've seen use 2x whatever stacked solid in at least 2 layers 90 degrees apart, with 1 inch plywood on each side, everything glued and nailed. Then nail ropes on for handles. Basically make a giant cribbing sandwich to spread the load, and set those up instead of cribbing with skids. If you build them round you can roll them, but square is easier to build and gives more area and is easy enough to move with a couple guys. I've seen bigger cranes where they actually use the crane to set them on tires first, then they level up with the outriggers. I'll see if i can find some pictures, it's the way to go man.

Kyle I used mats for a few years. 3x4'x4" oak. Over time we went away from them, as with the setup shown they just wouldn't work. Often times when setting up around houses you don't have the space to put them down . Im digging those white oak 3" x 12" planks we just milled, we have 3' and 5' and can be setup around bushes etc to distribute load

Some poor pictures from today's crane job.

Rough shape, 30" dbh x2 dead and dying alder trunks, 2/3s in 2 pieces, in 2 neighboring yards, having failed last week 20210616_103645.jpg 20210616_103648.jpg 20210616_113207.jpg

60-70' radius, 22 ton. Maxed out, to some degree, small pieces, overall. Only good for 3-4k, so we picked conservatively.

Back