The Official Work Pictures Thread

That’s the guy who helps me. That’s four year’s worth of beard. 😁

The crane comment at me, Cory? No need for a crane for that. Swung/lowered some, zip-lined a good bit, double-rigged the main leaning top, natural crotch from up top, transferring to second line to swing it out from over the barn.

Yes, you.

Nice work. Sounds like a lotta work in a little time :rockhard:

Ol grey beard must be a good rope man. No clean up on that job?

Nice! Mistletoe? Looks like there's some in that tree on the right as well.
Sorry, Brett. Forgot to reply. There’s mistletoe in nearly every water oak there. Several are really old and have lots...some are much younger and have a little in them as well.

Beauty hinge, as usual. What kinda maple?

What are the bambino's eating? Remember MB had a pet squirrel? He called him my nutty buddy, I believe, lol!

Do you not get sore calves with those spikes pushing backwards @CurSedVoyce?
Mine did that for a while and played hell on my knees and hips, not to mention the discomfort.

Considering how long you spend on those tall spars a set of spikes like Distels should be an early Christmas present.

Its the blocking down with the larger saws. Negavive rigging makes it harsh. I hang a lot on my climb line limbing it out.
Hit some .22 lead with the 272 and the 066 starting around 50 feet. Guess some one had it for the wood peckers in the past.
Last chunk i had to double cut with my modded 590 and 24 bar. I about came out of the tree. Switching saws that many times gets old. Ended with the saw I atarted with. Then had to file chain before the fell. Blocking down only took about 3 hours.

Thanks Cory.

Today was clean up at another storm throw site. Originally scheduled for three people so I could be moving wood all day. But alas. Two loads to our mill and probably over three cord to charity. Chipped all the brush inbetween. Probably like 6 yards. 20210407_104232.jpg

When you say "our mill", is that a personal mill you run, or are a partner in, or a local commercial mill you're unaffiliated with?

What are your thoughts on the Lucas, Stephen? I’ve wanted one for years.
Scott, love it. We have the 8" and we can mill about 19'6 long. Fast and easy to set up at the site. Our dingo just rolls the logs under the rails and you get to work, or just set up over the log .
Rob is still hashing about in his brain about getting the slabbing sttachment. We'll see.

Rad pine Stephen, and really good job. Why rope the butt on that fall?

Cory: Big Leaf Maple, and the squirrels just get goat milk and sugar water for the moment.

Back