The Official Work Pictures Thread

171128407_275479270799869_7335207657433259773_n.jpg

Presenting the opposite side of tree work in the UK haha

Got it in one

Imagine if there was 2 haha

yeah, but you look like a power ranger!

So it’s all good!

Conny hedges like that are not measured in man days/hours to complete. They are measured in misery’s. 1 man up a hedge for one day is equal to 1 misery.

How many misery’s did that one take Tommy?

I know your misery.

These rotten things were bad enough, then after that fad they started planting Leylandii. Couldn't even guess how long I've spent in those things.

View attachment 110096

I have lost count of the number of misery’s I have spent in Lleylandii.

Norway has a lot of thuja but none of the Lleylandii.

I can live with that.

Thujas are worse, often no central stem, so a lot of wibbly wobbly, and harder to get a consistent line on a hedge reduction.

I try to turn them down, leylandii and thuja, but some how people seem to know when I’m short of work and phone me up, so I still do them, and hate every second.

They don’t tend to get reduced here Mick.

I think in nearly 4 years living here and the previous 3 I contracted from the UK I have reduced maybe 5 Thuja hedges.

I gave a bid of $7,800 to remove these two trees. Single, elderly lady decided to go with Half-Price Harry who was recommended by her brother. He showed up with a ladder and a pickup truck and started cutting. She said he was there for four days, never started before 2:00 pm and was gone by 4:00 pm. You can see what he cut on the first tree. On day four, she was getting scared and asked him about his license and insurance, which were MIA. She paid him $1,500 (about $1,000 too much IMHO) and told him to scram. Then she called me to come and do it right. I felt bad for her so I offered a $500 discount. I forgot to take a pic when we left today but we got all of the brush off of one tree and about half off of the other. We should be able to finish tomorrow.

Fry tree 1.jpg
Fry tree 2.jpg

That lift had to be awesome for getting out to those limbs over the roof where it would otherwise be miserable to try to get.

Nice one Mellow, and thank you TommyB and ALL the UK gents who manage to get in here.

These young kids don’t know what they’re missing man.

And to think that Gerry Beranek chimes in here periodically too!

The millennials at work: “Hey Jed... What do you think would be a good axe for...”

Me: “Well... Gerry Beranek says...”😂... It’s all they get! I think the only reason the boys bother to talk to ME these days is because Gerry’s book is out of print!😂... they know I’ve memorized it.

@Jed

You should tell them they have electronic copies (ebook i think) for sale. There's a thread here, with a link to Muggs website i think.

Back