The Official Work Pictures Thread

Well they don't have a Kevin so they're one up on the old place already!
But yeah, the 3 guys I worked with today were great. Also this was the best "interview" process I've ever seen, no formal interview or hiring process at all, I went to hang out with them, liked the place, called the owner back and said let's do it and he said come on. I honestly wasn't even looking for a job but this place just felt right.

mix of Zip line and a using the stubs as friction devices with a redirect at the base. I spent a while at first setting redirects to distribute the load through the canopy. Many trips up and down made for a busy few days

I only got one pic.

mix of Zip line and a using the stubs as friction devices with a redirect at the base. I spent a while at first setting redirects to distribute the load through the canopy. Many trips up and down made for a busy few days
Good work @Patrick A !

Are you employing DWT with and/or without sling-and-biner? Multiple lowered per rope by connecting midline? Two or three different colors of rigging ropes can help keep it visually easier to track multiple ropes.

It you anchor the DWT away from an obstacle like the roof, or a fence, you can get some horizontal travel out of the motion.

I bought a grapple truck from Eric. I think he is a great guy and I think highly of him. Congrats on the new job, I am sure you will really like working there.

I believe Adrian still works there too. He has been a member on the treehouse for a while.
Yes he does, actually though I don't know him personally Adrian is directly responsible for me getting the job there lol. Haven't worked with him yet but his brother Ethan is the crane operator who I've worked with the 2 days now.

Haha, sure did Raj. The big blocks we've had for ages, they have some history! The little ones, I made up that rig about six years ago, it's never been used until now, twice in one week, right gear for the job.
Luckily the water tank was full, reckon it cushioned the blow.
Thanks Stig, crossover a bit from road crash too...stabilize the lump, cut bits off and keep checking the stabilization, it moved a bit, definitely settled into the rigging, lotta weight but it's corralled.
Finish it tomorrow.

I have not been to the 35acre camp property for several years. I’ve been here over a week now taking down oak-wilt affected trees and hazard trees.

Finished the day yesterday deadwooding this nice 44” dbh white oak. Large deadwood over the neighbor’s yard.
About half a year back a tall skinny tree fell into their yard. I called a local arb and asked her to make sure the trees along the border of our and their property were safe, as they foster dogs and have five of their own.

Charged for a half days work, and she did not deal with this tree and another large, dead tree that was weighted toward the neighbors yard.
Those massive branches did not die and lose bark in just 6 months time. Neighbor gave a hand lowering two branches.

I mused “How did the other arborist miss these?”, and neighbor said they were only here two hours, cleaned up the fallen tree and dropped another small dead tree ‘on her fence’!!

If you want something done correctly you have to do it yourself, or get Kevin to come out from Detroit !

Attachments

• 3D1C852D-9938-4610-8B22-1808D27670F3.jpeg
    3D1C852D-9938-4610-8B22-1808D27670F3.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
Back