The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice pictures.

Reg, not having done that many douggie firs and especially not of that size and age... Am I correct to assume the bark is so thick in the lower sections that the gaffs don't damage the cambium?

Hence the spuring on a prune tree... Or was it quite literally the last option given the problem you described with the rope snapping?

That's an old fir, Rich. The bark is probably 7 inch thick low down. My spurs are 2 and a half. Mostly it just crumbles when you try to spur it in my gaffs....so you spend most of the time just skidding about, going nowhere fast. Eventually you get somewhere. In younger trees, or higher up the bark is much thinner, so spurring would go through the bark and into the cambium.

Yup. Horse Chestnut. I also did a 30% approximate reduction in a SC. Sweet Chestnut next to it. Not a big tree really just lots of dead in the interior crown so growth points were selective.

The guy I was working for has that turd on the right to try and tidy up tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460562743.244059.jpg

Rich

Nice shots, Reg. Have you tried an APTA?

Different strokes and all, but i haven't used my Bigshot once since getting one. You have plenty of high TIPs to set up there.

Great pics all!

Mighty fine looking reduction, biggun!

Such awsome pics, you guys.

Gary: I'm pretty sure that's just a Euro firewood stack. Them boys are pretty smart... they put the bark on top to let the rain run off.

Cory: I wouldn't even mess with closing the rails, unless you've got the little Pferd planer deal to grind the tops back to a true 90.

Nice shot August!

Reg: Hope that little vid works out.

Haven't tried it Sean. How much are they ?

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=11138 $199. I have an older version, ball valve model. The newer ones should have a butterfly valve, IIRC, being more efficient/ better.

You can make your own for less, especially with the exchange rate. Plumbing parts mostly.

No rubber bands to break or be damaged by whatever. Consistent results (heights) per input of energy (PSI) unlike the stretch of a rubber band that is less power at colder temps for the same distance.

Here's a link.
https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?17965-TreeStuff-APTA-Wow!

Bonner's product.

Some fodder on a golden pine killing job today. Mike had a couple he bombed out and topped before we could move out further for felling away from plumbing, buildings and such.
I took more the small mixed into each other trees next to the house.
Untangled two from a black oak.
Took a shot of the larger one's top placement right in front of the first trees stump after jumping it out and over the black oak.
Not quite as perfect a hinge as Jed produces, but there ya go ...
You can see how the two trees were rubbing, little bit of a ride cutting them free from each other. But no biggie. Tiny little hole through the oak to lower brush through was a tad fussy.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 64
That hinge is as good as any I've ever cut in my life. Anything better than that and you're just a nerd.

Sean: I can't BELIEVE some of those firewood pics, bro. Can you imagine burning anything that beautiful? It'd be like burning Stephen's hinge piece. I've got all my nice ones hanging in my living room. The little lady's starting to get pissed. She's threatening to make me throw out all the Cottonwood ones. :X

Reg: NICE! :popcorn:

Back