The Official Work Pictures Thread

This is how we rolled today..... Flopped em all in a pile then a 1/2 hour chipping fest with the wheel loader and cone head....... 1.jpg

These aren't really work pictures, but still.

Our last ash today was growing less than 200 feet from the largest white fir Abies alba in the country.
Since we had only been climbing all day, and the sun was out, we decided to climb it before heading home.
Fun climb and a heck of a nice view from the top.
It grows among mature beech and oak, and stick way above the canopy of those. It has a sister tree about 600 feet away, which can be seen in one of the photos, sticking up above everything else.

P1020538.JPG P1020545.JPG P1020556.JPG P1020558.JPG P1020559.JPG P1020569.JPG P1020574.JPG

Nice fir Stig.
And great pics from the top...

...still not worth a climb after work :lol::lol::lol:

Gotcha, on the dipper aimed at the bucket. The only problem for time lapse with that is that it sucks to watch as the background is moving too much. If I made the boom a bigger portion of the shot, it would give the eye/mind something to anchor on.

You can always crop the shot in post production, and if you want to move the focal point just use a ken-burns. Even if its just fast forward video it will work:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAsytDVCIRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know, but the excess motion comes from swinging and angle changing on the camera. For time lapse to be enjoyable (for me at least) I need either the camera to be stationary, or there to be a significant portion of the shot to be stationary. Watch unedited helmet cam footage at high speed to see what I mean.

I'll give it a whirl, maybe tomorrow. I'll position the camera so there will be a stationary element in the shot (in this case the boom) to give the mind/eye something to anchor on during playback.

I totally get what you are saying... It will be interesting to see and at the very least it might give you some cut scenes (b-roll) for another larger production.

Tree on the riverbank that was rotten about half way up. It behaved itself very well. Big surprise was about 12" of water on top of the ice, under the snow.

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard at it. :drink:

21507xw.jpg

Did your helper have chili for lunch?? His face appears to be about to burst into flames! I am a firefighter, I know these things.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Helper? That was the crane operator, sucking on a fag. We killed all those pecans, that day.

I'm so glad I'm tobacco free...

Back