The Official Work Pictures Thread

It is funny how you can tell right away from the way someone holds the saw, it they have got it down or not.

Nice work.

That reminded me of something.
I once let an apprentice try to buck an XL beech with the MS880.
Didn't work out, so one of the guys I've trained took over.

I'll leave it up to y'all to guess, who is who :lol:

P1060412.JPG P1060413.JPG

Busy busy today, 5 large silver maples removed from one house. Did manage to get a few pics in the process.
Pic #2 the one on the left was so massive the knuckle cylinder on the grapple truck wouldn't lift it so we did something probably not in the user manual... Picked it, retracted the outriggers then drove the truck out of the backyard to where we needed it.
20210129_095603.jpg 20210129_131955.jpg 20210129_133838.jpg 20210129_104925.jpg

Last edited:
Getting shat done today. Sun shine helps make hay. Two tear outs handled. Finish the 2nd stem tomorrow and dismantle an oak guyed up threatening the garage. First one addressed (last pics) only left one top and some bracing will be done at the codom. Stage 3 removal. Lowered The one top out and such.
20210130_142430.jpg 20210130_140124.jpg FullSizeR.jpg IMG955653.jpg

Last edited:
FF95D1C8-498B-4BAF-828B-4A2A039B0596.jpeg
if you look just to the right of the boom and zoom in you will see my competitors crane boom in the back ground
84B201B1-F09F-4713-88D6-7EAC52823326.jpeg
almost proper spider legged limb pick
My error will be posted after I post the final cut pic.
5B88C454-8F35-4F24-811E-87124EBFA122.jpeg
final stump cut. I cut it and walked up around the house and told the op it was all his. Cable up 30’ and then boom up. He thought I ran out of gas at first and I was kidding. That’s how it’s supposed to be done. Crane op shouldn’t even notice any boom movement.
Now for my only error and only video I took. Looks worse than it was. Limb had a weird bend to it and I had him set me where I could descend easily and forget to have him boom up a touch after. Butt only shifted about a foot and I was out of the way. I know how to bob and weave
View attachment IMG_4602.mov

Also in my defense, it was 18*F. Stump cut was made 1 hour and 34 minutes after I took my free ride at the start of the job. We were back before lunch and more than covered quota for a full day. Whole crew was paid for 8 and told to enjoy the weekend. We actually covered quota for a week in 2&1/2 days even after paying for the crane. I was given the go ahead to line up crane work regularly as I’ve proven the productivity.

#cranework=bigmoney

Thurs and friday we took out 28 trees in two days with the 55t, half climber, half bucket truck I don't usually count trees but there were so many I got curious. 3 full log truck loads @ approx 50 yds each.

It was cold both days and brother cold wind was outrageous the second day. 11 layers on the torso, 3 on the neck, 2 on the head, 2 on the legs, FTW

I’m only at 5-6 plus my hi-viz jacket and four on my legs. Two buffs on my head and a single pair of Darn tough socks. 400gr th insulate steel toe red wings and pfanner cold weather grippy gloves.
I called the boss Thursday while we were working and asked for an ETA on the giant circus tent I ordered for the job.

How many different sites?

Just one site, a backyard. And only two setups for the crane, which is lotta trees for 2 set ups imo.

Its funny how things always seem to work out- one tree was a huge, mostly dead 2 leader ash which was partially split and leaning into an adjacent tree. We were on this site a few months ago doing treework and I gave him a price on it with access to it being poor. He held off on that one which I didn't want to do anyway but of course it had me thinking "this tree is only going to get more dangerous as it gets deader, how am I going to do it later?" Well, 'later' rolls around and turns out he's having a pool put in and septic system moved too, so, voila: big fence and bushes taken out creating perfect access for all the trucks. That nasty ol tree took probably a lil over an hour to take out with the crane and of course all surrounding trees and fences saved out perfectly. #the55isabeast

On my neck I usually wear one or two fleece neck warmers, they are perfect. But in this weather I added a buff which covered the neck and head, then added a thin beanie under the hard hat. I use unlined all leather basic work gloves, I was wondering if they were gonna be up to the task in these temps and wind, but no problemo at all.

Stig, lemme guess, the right hand pic!!!! :dude:

Yep.
Mathias was one of the best fallers, I have ever put out.
Had a hard time at first, but once he got it, there was no stopping him.
He was constantly trying to do better than he did yesterday and if he had got the chance, he would have beat me, easily.
Unfortunately, he was rear ended by a sleeping German on our company motorcycle trip to Norway and has been a cripple since then.

He is studying for the foresters exam right now, but to him, that is a second best.
He is, and will always be, a faller at heart.

We can't stand the way it ended up for him.
We try to keep him in our circle.
If we ever get to go to California again and climb Sequoias and Redwoods, we'll pay for his trip.

I just friggin' can't stand it, that he got crushed like that.

Sorry, folks, just had to take off my glasses and wipe my eyes.
First time I've cried while posting.
Sorry.

No worries Stig: This fallen world can make for a cruel, cruel trip and no mistake. Good on ya for not forgetting about the guy.

Stephen: Awsome and beautiful work. Nice to see you guys got some snow.

Ohio Rich: You call that a mistake brother?... looked smooth as grease to me.😂. Saw cut good too.

Frankie: Sir, I FINALLY got yer chains in the mail.:|: What a nasty coupla storm-work weeks We’ve had, but stuff’s finally starting to normalize.
View attachment 63382440965__5963C521-4604-476B-9D8A-A4B06B55D5B1.MOV

Back