The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah Sven/Jonny: Sean Alliger at Madsens does a very mild woods port and deck job on those, but then Gordy from West Coast saw put one of his custom muffs on it. She’s got some gains over stock for sure, but nothing to write home about. A west coast guy’s gotta go to Donny Walker or Jack Beelar for that stuff. And I think Jack’s (hotsaws101 on Youtube) saw would win.

oh!!! Nice pics sir! Just saw em!

Burnham: “personals”😂

Lotta guys out there that can build rip-snorting 395xps’ and Jack (hotsaws101) builds a powerful one for sure ... But ... U gonna PAY! Last I heard he does 8 levels of porting/mods : extreme , animal , insane-0, insane-0 s, Insane-0 ss , psyko , psyko s and psyko ss along with torque tweak mods if a guy wants. Last time I spoke with him the insane-0 port job was 680 and that was over 2 years ago

and then there’s Paul... cracking off insanely heavy wood with his psyco SS crane!

lol.. I know Frankie... a running joke around here is how hard-pressed most of us little tree-service guys are to even keep place with Jack’s nomenclature.

But I can attest to the fact that (even at a level 6) the guy builds work-horse ONLY saws. (After level six, I’m pretty sure that the buyer understands that all bets are off.) To wit... I have a friend who recently paid $$$$ for a level 6, 395. My friend (who is a sweetheart, but just dumb enough to run a relatively low octane mix through it) inadvertently blew it up.

Jack paid for the shipping to and fro... paid for ALL of the parts, and (is now) getting the saw back to my bud all on his own dime.

Those saws are legit man. His 461’s will rip a hole through the WORLD.

As for me, I would never go beyond maybe insane S.... I’m not lookin to beat serious builders in a race... just to destroy my friends at the tree service.:P😂

Jedi, I own 2 saws done by Mr. Beelar , a 241c insane-0 and a 461 “early version” insane-0 ... Both saws have paid for themselves many times over and I can grab either one off the shelf and go cut wood.... quickly .... Last time I checked this is the USA and you are free to charge whatever the market will bear. During conversation with Jack many moons ago he told me he augments his living building saws and if he can command that type of coin then God bless him. Lotta work and expense goes into developing a new model - it’s not like u tear it apart and do 15minutes of grinding and polishing , slap it back together and viola! A turd is now transformed into the millennium falcon ! You aren’t paying for the machining / grinding ... you are paying for the builders knowledge and painstaking r/d it takes to get a saw to run 20,25%(or more) quicker than stock (with an off the roll chain)and STIHL be reliable day in and day out (and from my perspective not drink fuel like a drunken sailor). Jack , however , is very secretive and won’t tell ya nothing - I get that from the perspective of answering ? On his utube channel , however when ya put $1000+ into a mans pocket , assure him that you are legit and are interested in performance you think that a few breadcrumbs might just be left on the trail for ya ... No doubt Jacks saws run very strong , for if they didn’t you just KNOW the “forum boyZ” wood be all over him like flies on chit ! 😉

Reactions: Jed
I get it Paul. I’d rather burn my “waste wood” than pay to dump it as well. At work we pay to dump because we don’t have a lot big enough to store it yet. Working on that because a close enough company will haul away the wood at no cost during the winter months to grind for mulch but only in their slow season. We chip as much as possible, sell off logs to various mills ( different grades to different mills), sell split firewood, sell log length firewood by the semi load, and still have a huge bill for dumping wood. We would be happy if a bio plant opened up anywhere close just to give it away. I need a genius moment to figure out how to become rich from waste material

I never had boiled log before. lol

Now that's a fire a guy can have a beer a hundred feet away from and still be warm!
I guess I have it good my waste wood goes to boiler guys.

Big twig: Yeah, a friend of mine in Rio Rancho,New Mexico did a floor radiant heater that he used to heat a very large house with. We would take him massive, nasty 4 foot diameter Rio grande Cottonwood logs, he could throw in massive chunks, just barely small enough for him to lift... nasty Elm... don’t matter... used to be super easyFor him to heat that big huge place. I highly recommend the set up.

Paul: Don’t get me started on our farce of a government that pretends to have some kind of a love for our ecology just in order to extort higher taxes out of us.

Burnham: Can we agree that that IS at least one real difference between East and West coast tree work: namely that our government makes it completely illegal to burn anything above a small slash pile, while them boys get to burn giant, gorgeous hardwoods without incurring huge fines? Or, alternatively, is our wood just more merchantable which is why we DON’T burn it?
:?

I can neither agree nor disagree, Jed. I don't have the slightest idea what happens on the East coast. But I see that there is some pushback from the East side regarding legality there :).

But what I do know is, I have a permanent free permit from my rural fire department to burn as big a pile of logs/slash/yard debris as I want, as often as I want, in the proper season and air quality conditions. Neither of those requirements cause much disruption for most folks around here.

OK so the videos were a bad idea and forgive me for trashing the thread brothers.

Frankie: why the pink paint on top of the rakers?Was that to keep track of where you were at?

Burnham: Thanks. I guess our company is too close to Seattle.😞

Back