The Official Work Pictures Thread

Roger B has/ had a 40' ladder that was really helpful, but a beast. I helped him and another climber strip a 170' sequoia. Taking the Stairs was a win on that tree, for sure.

That one is a triple extension, but normally I just take 2 pieces (as in the photo) as it’s a bit cumbersome otherwise.

The sight of ladders in my work photos has drawn some amused comments from some peeps (not you Sean, none taken)

Saves me energy scrabbling up the first 15ft, what’s not to like?

You think the custy is going to split and burn all of that big stuff?:/:

I doubt it but who knows?

He said he wanted it cut to 50cm and left, they often ask us to cut it into halves and quarters, the answer is no.

Job is good value for him anyway so a deals a deal.

I doubt it but who knows?

He said he wanted it cut to 50cm and left, they often ask us to cut it into halves and quarters, the answer is no.

Job is good value for him anyway so a deals a deal.

Mick, is it still the trend to stack firewood in longer lengths? 50cm sounds about right. Are the called billets?

The three winters I spent in the Alps that seemed to be the norm, that and a sheet of corrugated iron on top.

I saw the world's finest stacks of firewood when I visited the swiss alps :dude: :drink:

Its
Mick, is it still the trend to stack firewood in longer lengths? 50cm sounds about right. Are the called billets?

The three winters I spent in the Alps that seemed to be the norm, that and a sheet of corrugated iron on top.
It’s normal to leave it in 1meter, easier for the tractor mounted splitter.
But if it means leaving it on site and the 395 is cutting nicely, I don’t get into details.

In Schweiz it is cut to 1 meter, split and bundled up to dry.
Later they cut it to whatever lengths the end user wants.
They have some neat processors that cut, split and bundle it.

Omg, good on ya for eating up that hard work but my head would explode doing that.

Haha!!! It’s “nice guy Paul,” from here on out.

Kinda monster pics there Paul!!

Kyle: Yer a man dude. That Singlejack show really starts to wear on a guy. Well done.

Funny thing: I did this lightning struck Fir today, and when I went to fall the stob, I just ran into nothing but rot on my face cut, And since it was not a very critical shot, I just kept plowing all the way to a short backstrap, to try to find some wood for some kind of a hinge. A beaver show. My man Luke in the shots.
47956BCC-F2F3-48C3-95E4-69ABE2C18EEA.jpeg 8D8DE903-A73D-4B7D-A9F1-6B8E1AB54294.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0743.MOV

I think he meant pine seeds? :lol: Man, you got Oaks on the brain Stephen.:lol:

It's like all of these old-timers: I always ask, "Why do you want me to cut down this Fir tree?" "Oh, I'm just sick of all the Pinecones." Ignoramuses.🙄:lol:

How does it plant acorns?

Found those pictures of pines ready to fall over (we felled them before they did) planting the oaks. These were ponderosa. Grey pines just happen sooner due to shorter life span. IMG_0115.JPG IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0121.JPG

Back