The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

In this video you can see my instructor teaching and doing...just seeing the masters doing simple things can be eye-opening if you know what to look for. I originally put this video together for private use in our small MA organization....it recently showed up on Facebook so it's fair game to share it now. Dr. Gyi has some pearls of wisdom in this. This was filmed at one of our weekly training sessions in his basement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting vid, Gary.

There's only one Joe Rogan:

Answers to both questions have yet to be determined

Do you know him from the world of kickboxing?

Answers to both questions have yet to be determined

Do you know him from the world of kickboxing?
Glory

Apparently, according to his Instagram. He reckoned he had messages from an ex girlfriend of the man and he used to beat and abuse her. Not sure how Joe knew that before he became even more famous for knocking him out.

start at :33

"we get to see someone pay the stupid tax for picking a fight." Another of my faves is somebody taking "the room temperature challenge" used in the context of a criminal dying during an attempted robbery. That guy has some good quotes and a cool channel.

I appreciate the knee and elbow strikes above all the rest...if I am caught out without my stick, that is my only realistic recourse for attack in self defense.

I have had to use my hands, on the one occasion I dislike remembering...it was not pretty; in long acquired hindsight, I believe the "assailant" was a simple minded drunk in the wrong place at the wrong time. He got hurt, my girl and I got away unharmed...except for the week or two of busted knuckles and bruised fingers I carried as souvenirs :).

Savage ufc 264 so far.

Whuta HW clash between tai tuavasa and former nil all pro greg hardy

Maybe we got, idk, one other THer watching?

Last edited:
Conor with the broken leg."Karma is a mirror"

He richly deserved it. He's a narcissist and can't accept reality.

He vowed Dustin would leave the cage on a stretcher, but t'was his fate instead.

It's been interesting to watch the mma rise and fall of conor coupled with the rise of his bank account.

Forbes ranked him the #1 richest athlete in the world this year.

He won't fight again is my guess.

Last edited:
Haven't had a chance to track it down yet. I assume it was a tib-fib break. I've been kayaking with scouts this weekend. I'm still trying to get back home.

Lowere tibia/shin bone...definitely fxd. In the old days that would have been amputated at the break. Bad stuff...thanks for the link.

Haakon is fighting in Oslo today. Open air Thai festival in one of the parks.

Unfortunately I am over in the UK as my father is ill. A bit gutted I won’t be there in person but he had some good training sessions with one of my Thai friends in the UK. Plus I had him running most days and doing circuits.

Fingers crossed he puts on a good show.

Back