The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

Plus Joleen leaves your man alone and you go to Vietnam to get your spine fixed to restore your sex life with Ruby.

Last edited:
Doesn't work, ive tried.

However, if you play Wagner's Flight of the Valkaries at 1.5 speed, while simultaneously playing Taylor Swift's Shake It Off backwards, it will summon a demon named Tharlaxicleishamen. Apparently he was really popular with a certian group of "mid-century-Germans".

1 puppy isn't a pack of rescue dogs left to their own devices all day. Killing a dog wasn't the problem, her complete lack of ownership of the situation (it's a puppy she owned and they're bred to hunt) and then trying use it for political gain was the problem. Wirehairs are hunting dogs notorious for being difficult, and if you can't train one because it's the leader even as a pup don't buy one. That dog died simply because he correctly saw her as a bitch.

Any dog is a potential preditor. A pack of dogs is also bad juju.
Any breed that attacks livestock (and any breed can or will) is given a death sentence.
Chickens are especially fun for a dog to try to herd or chase. It's only one step further to liking the chase and the taste of chicken.
Yes you try and train it out. But some just won't take the training.
Cats are another set of fun too. Had two pit bulls kill one of my favorite cats. They came in my yard from else where and took her. Had I known, they would have both had bullets instead of shooing them off. We found her after they were far enough to be a challenge to my .40 drawn off hip, closest fire arm I had.
After taking the cat, it was not far removed for them to start stalking other animals in our yard.
Katy tends to rescue animals. Rescues (IMHO) SHOULD NEVER BE MIXED WITH THE LIVESTOCK.
We have put down several. Including Seth's dog. Levi's dog lucked out and lives with Grandma that has no livestock and is friends with grandma's scotty. They love each other. Good fit. Some dogs you just can't save. Not in the ag world.

Last edited:
I understand that fully, but there's discipline before a bullet, part of training dogs or even kids for that matter. It takes work, work that she clearly didn't do because the situation surprised her, because if she had been working with it like she should have she would have known that she needed more control over it yet and made sure that she had the tools to do so with her. And once again killing the dog isn't the problem, she went from good boy with treats to a bullet with nothing in between, so to me her story reeks of an idiot buying a dog she had no business of owning, all of the offenses happened right in front of her. If you own an aggressive dog breed you need to be prepared to be fully able to bring that dog to heel so it can understand the pack hierarchy and learn the consequences of things against it's nature, and she clearly wasn't prepared to do that at all. The dog was great until one day it goes nuts huh? Yeah not buying it, no shock collar, choker, lead, cage, whistle; nothing at all at hand to control the dog, and clearly not enough work with it before it all magically goes south, and not once when it was happening did she react promptly enough. I know guys that force fetch train around here, the brutality isn't the problem for me, the lack of understanding of dogs and the subsequent refusal to take responsibility is.

Then on the same day she remembers a goat that was mean to the kids that they can't control unsupervised. She's raising goats, but is completely cool with just wasting it, hell she didn't even shoot coyotes over the corpse! And then to use that as pandering for political reasons, lol nah. She's the adult, supposedly in charge of those situations, and yet very predictable things keep happening that catch her off guard. Not really something you want in a so called leader, and the fact that she's currently banned from 15% her state pretty much backs that up. My buddy had to put his wirehair down, it chewed through a couple heavy steel crates trying to get out and eventually cut himself to shreds on the jagged spokes, frankly they're often nuts. Definitely not a beginner dog breed, and her story sounds like she spent a bunch of money on a hunting dog because they look cool and are a great pointer, but didn't spend the time needed with it at all. My dad's family used to breed and train hunting dogs (especially beagles, you wanna talk about stubborn and indifferent to pain!) and my wife's family used to breed dogs too, but we're rescue pets only now. I could leave a steak right next to mine and she wouldn't dare touch it. She might be tempted to sneak a nibble off the kids food since she thinks she's part kid and part cat, but that's after 15 min or so and she normally eats their leftovers. Different breed, age, environment, and temperament obviously, but if a hunting dog isn't on that level of obedience you're asking for trouble imo, you need to be able to give a command when the dog's super excited and the dog snaps out of it and remembers what's important.

Back