The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
You have our heartfelt sympathy, Austin. I reckon she's stalking chipmunks with Jasper in Dog Valhalla, even as we speak.

Our great friends B&G have finally succumbed to the need for a puppy to replace their beloved Kira, now gone for nearly as long as M and mine's Jasper.

I think she's lovely. And I'm some bit wishing for a new one for us. But seeing and hearing the new puppy trials and tribulations, am also pretty happy to not be there :).

But that could change under who knows what set of circumstances ;).

Me and little Sadie... Sadie puppy July 14 2023 001.JPG

Burn, you know I‘ve long wished for you and the divine Miss M to get another pup but they are a lot of work. Well worth it but a lot of work! Sounds like you might be wavering, I sure hope so!

Burnham, Thais is going to be my last dog.
I was thinking of getting a pup, but then Margot asked me to think the logistics through.
I'm 66 years old. That pup will live for some 12 years, meaning I'll be near 80 years old.
An age I have no intention of living to. Feeling old and decrepit enough at 66.
So I changed my mind about a new dog.
Thais will be the last.
After a life with dogs I'll miss having one big time, but it'll be one thing less to worry about , when I check out.

I've thought about it, Mick.
Problem is, for me to be able to bring my dog to work, it has to be 100% safe around wildlife.
No chasing deer, hares, fowl, whatever.

Thais is so good with that , I have permission to let him run loose on 3 forest districts: Ledreborg, Nordfeld and Jægerspris.
In all cases the owners have given me carte blanche and said, if anybody complains, just refer the complainant to them.

That would be hard, if not impossible to instill in an older dog, it is hard enough when you train them from 8 weeks.

So no more dogs for me.

Doesn't work for me.
Gotta be able to see the wolf in them or they don't appeal to me.
A cocker spaniel is not a dog to me.
Some kind of inbred rat creature with big floppy ears, but not a dog.

Back