The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 288K
Mick, you may remember you initially pointed that out that they don't.

I think the cat tooth paste is fish flavored.

Once in college, in a shitty Laredo, Tx hotel, the night before crossing the border to go to El Potrero Chico on a Y2K rock climbing trip, my friend mistakenly used my zit cream from the bathroom counter, mistaking it for a tube of toothpaste.

He had zero tooth pimples. It worked!

It's a matter of making sure the nails are trimmed, wrapping the cat or dog in a wet sheet, and getting going.

Well, the wet sheet would be one way, but a dry towel truthfully may help.

Little at a time, no flossing...

I'm afraid this may only work with Canadian cats.

Dogs are similar.

With enzymatic tooth paste, you need less contact time with the brush.

I'm guessing it's mostly a matter of perseverance and being smarter than the animal, with good judgment about timing.

Some pets will never let you brush their teeth.

The old 3 legged bull terrier is my boy Floyd who tussled with a rattlesnake 7-8 yrs ago...One of the most amazing critters I have ever had the privilege of hanging out with... He is getting very old and having seizures these day... We are giving him tons of love, cookies, and spoiling him rotten, and hoping he goes peacefully here at home....Theres a big 15 footer upstream that I like to lean against and take naps in the sun...This will be his resting place......

About 10 days ago I ran into an old friend (Gail) who breeds and shows bull terriers, and we have had 4 of her dogs over the yrs....She mentioned that she just had a new litter of 7 big, healthy, beautiful males from a father that was a national Silverwood winner and one of the nicest dogs I have ever seen. A stunning animal, with perfect heath, and a wonderful disposition and attitude...... The mother is more of the same. Just an incredible dog...Long story short the wife and I are headed to town tomorrow to start the process of picking a pup...They are only 3 weeks old now, so we are gonna visit them every Sunday until around week 8 at which point along with Gail we will pick a pup....We are very excited to have Floyd raising and chilling with a Bully pup. He is gonna loose his shit when we bring the new pup home!

For a dog lover, that was a hell of a picture to see.

I've been through the process of introducing a new pup to old alphas lots of times.

He's first reaction will be : " shit, when is this thing going home"!!

That'll last for about a week, then he'll adopt it and kill anything that threatens it.

I have a good friend who breeds Golden Retreivers ( And has done the hat trick of winning the best in show and best working dog in all the Scandinavian countries once, same year!!!!.
This is a guy who knows his shit)

He told me that back when he bought his first pupppy, The old dog wanted NOTHING to do with it.
Eventually he and his wife decided they'd have to return the pup.

So my friend forgets a tool he needed at work and has to go home and pick it up.
As he is going in, he looks in the kitchen window and sees the old dog asleep on the floor, with the pup nestled nicely between his front paws.

He left quietly and they kept the pup, which is now the great grandfather of a string of renowned hunting dogs all over the country.

Last edited:
Great story stig...Old Floyd has raised a few pups around here and has always loved every pup we brought home. He's just one of those kind of dogs. Not a angry, malicious, jealous bone in his body....He loves everyone and everything, except rattlesnakes of coarse. We figure he will enjoy having a pup around for the remainder of his days.... We are heading down the coast to check out the new litter for the 1st time this morning... Nothing goofier and cuter looking than a 3 week old bull terrier pup so I will post some pics later today....

The father is one of the best looking, most powerful yet athletic (90-95 lbs) bullys I have ever seen. This dog is a straight up freak of nature...The 2 pics of the litter thus far...They are just under 3 weeks so that could change ....
IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1180.JPG

Last edited:
The whole litter is just beautiful. I swore I wasn't gonna get another bully but when my friend told me she had a litter with the father I knew I was getting a new pup...

Heres a picture of grandpa who I have known since he was a pup. 10 yrs old and one of the most decorated Bullys in America, as well as one of the sweetest dogs ever....A truly stunning animal... If you haven't ever spent any time around a big male bull terrier it is hard to grasp just how powerful and physically impressive these animals can be....

IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1190.JPG

Last edited:
I usually hate those videos where they put words on what dogs "say".
Liked this one , though.

That husky really has the most expressive face and eyes.
But I don't get the whole harness thing.
Just teach your dog to "heel" when needed and you don't need a harness or a collar and leash.

Back