The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 288K
These pics are two weeks old. He's bigger now probably 8 pounds heavier at least today. His paw is not that much smaller than the palm of my hand maybe half inche of palm around his paw. His head is growing into the ears but still big and radar like.

4 months old and he is a sweet heart. The girls and he have bonded nicely. I use him to wake them up for school a cold wet nose and slobbery tongue does the trick better than I ever could.
Is there a new pup in your future B?

Took two of the dogs to the lake camping. Paisley (Aussie) loves water and had a great time. Sleeping in the tent on both her mama and I lead to a bed visit when we got home. That look of "well, you let me sleep on you bed (Bags) in the tent. !?".
Tia is Levi's. Rescue mutt. Cattle dog cross that rarely leaves his side. FB_IMG_1632703842372.jpg FB_IMG_1632703835215.jpg FB_IMG_1632703862903.jpg

4 months old and he is a sweet heart. The girls and he have bonded nicely. I use him to wake them up for school a cold wet nose and slobbery tongue does the trick better than I ever could.
Is there a new pup in your future B?
I hope one day it'll be the right time for us. M just has a very large hill to climb yet, so far as knowing what it means in the end, to open her heart again as much as she has with our previous three dogs...and would again with another. It's the loss at the end that holds her back.

And I totally get it. I'm not immune to the same emotions, not at all.

A final mental complication...we are closing in on 70 years old. Suppose the new pup outlives us? What happens then?

So it's complicated. But against all that, I hope we might yet again have a hound in our lives. Time will tell.

Valid considirations Burnham. Tuff choices fer sure. Do you have some close friends nearby who could take over if all goes to heck?

Last edited:
I hope one day it'll be the right time for us. M just has a very large hill to climb yet, so far as knowing what it means in the end, to open her heart again as much as she has with our previous three dogs...and would again with another. It's the loss at the end that holds her back.

And I totally get it. I'm not immune to the same emotions, not at all.

A final mental complication...we are closing in on 70 years old. Suppose the new pup outlives us? What happens then?

So it's complicated. But against all that, I hope we might yet again have a hound in our lives. Time will tell.
You can always visit mine. How about a foster dog program?

If the dog outlives you, you have a friend or family member that takes it. Go get a rescue dog, and so that way you are helping one that has had a miserable life so far, and will be eternally grateful just to hang out and be part of something. I get that it's very sad when they die, and having one can crimp some lifestyles, but that's no reason not to bring that kind of joy in your life. Or you can even do like Rajan suggested and be the foster family when they get rescued till they find a permanent home.

My next cats will likely be old cats, or maybe the ones after that. Sucks when they die, but giving an unwanted animal a good home for awhile is a good thing.

Back