Singing Tree Rope Wrench Review.

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 31K
Too funny B!

PS, what's the name of that black hitch cord you have, I have some that looks very similar and don't know what it is, other than it works well on my Z rig...

It's 8mm Liros Hercules . They do it in 10mm as well (which I use for a lanyard)

The poor man's tree wrench!
That just cracked me up, Burnham!

What are the materials used in the Liros Hercules? Looks like a tight weave and similar to Bailout... kevlar/poly?

On that page they list the basic Liros as kevlar/polyester (FH003), but don't mention the material for the Liros Hercules (FH002)... so I was just curious what the difference was between plain Liros and Liros Hercules...

Not to derail this thread even further but just wondering what everyone is using for an srt line. I'm in the market... Leaning toward tachyon or blue moon. Also looking at various static lines. To many choices for an indecisive climber.

Just got my RW yesterday, haven't tried it yet but i'm riding blue moon and like it all around

First choice for SRT lines traditionally have been as close to completely static as the manufacturers could produce, as bounce and stretch generally are perceived as reducing efficient ascender climbing. There are some climbers, though, who learned to get with the rhythm of the bounce and actually make easier upward progress by ascending on the rise.

I don't know what the best thing will turn out to be with SRT arb work...full on static like Sterling HTP, or something in the semi-static range like normal arb ropes. Be assured, though...you never want to take even a little fall on a static line...it'll hurt more, it'll stress the anchor point and your gear more. So from that point of view, maybe an arb rope will be best.

So when can we ecpext the new, midline installable version to hit the market?

I want to try this out , but have decided to wait for that model.

tachyon

Lava, to be precise. Haven't even tried anything else, it works fine/great.

I do wonder, though, from the original pictures posted, what the over-the-back tether is for - slack tending? Sorry if this has been addressed, just started reading this thread today so may be a bit behind.

Is that how all of you other RW users are tending slack? For me, ascent is not quite as easy as it used to be, pre-RW, when I just used a long prussik loop, croll and pantin. Doesn't seem like I can use the croll along with this hitchclimber setup, and I don't get the long up-strides I used to.

Now I just stand up and pull the RW/hitchclimber mass up, then stand up again and repeat.

Does this make much sense? I didn't get much sleep last night, but need a little help on my setup. I love this tool, just haven't gotten back to the speed I used to have on ascent. Seems like the time I've made up in not switching systems at the top has been swapped out for smaller steps up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Try this for advancing the hitch and rope wrench, it is small, out of the way and is very fast, you can fly up the rope :) when you don't need it, just unclip and stow on the back of the saddle.

Attachments

• IMGP8831.jpg
    IMGP8831.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP8830.jpg
    IMGP8830.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks, Widow. Looking at the picture now, and using the Sequoia SRT saddle I do, I think I could connect a small carabiner to the "ventral" attachment point and have the same effect.

I'll try it out tomorrow, and maybe remember to report back.

Just take your lanyard and flip it around your back and over your shoulder, clip to the middle hole on the hitchclimber, tighten up and you're ready to go.

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
once you weight the lanyard, it is really hard to get the lanyard snap out of the hole, you have to fiddle with it, that is why I like this way ;)

This was just too much fun watching this :D
Looks like he had some fun with it
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLC0yBq7bsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back