ISC Apex rope wrench

I've read a lot about it and it looks and sounds great. I had been in the market for a rope wrench for a long time. The only thing I didn't like is that it only has 4 preset settings for bollard adjustment. I would much prefer more precise settings. This led me to the Notch Flow rope wrench, which is fully adjustable, the same way as a Rope Runner Pro. I got the Notch Fusion tether with it. Both items designed by the godfather of SRT/SRS, Kevin Bingham. The vendor this Amazon item is SHERRILLtree. The Flow rope wrench can be bought on it's own/separately at a number of retailers.

Last edited:
The tooless adjustment is interesting. The use I see is starting a job dry, it starts raining, and your setup gets a little squirrelly. You can handle it in-tree without fumbling around with tools.

The tooless adjustment is interesting. The use I see is starting a job dry, it starts raining, and your setup gets a little squirrelly. You can handle it in-tree without fumbling around with tools.
You make am interesting point. Except most people familar with the Singing Tree rope wrench are used to NO settings. I don't see how a Notch flow, which allows you to dial in that one setting PERFECTLY, isn't better or why you would need to change that setting in the tree. Kevin Bingham obviously saw a need for adjustability in his second (?) iteration. If you can climb with one setting, usually you can limb walk with it if the setting is open enough. Maybe if you are limb walking laterally from your TIP you may need to reduce friction, so you might be right in some instances.

EDIT: I just saw that you mentioned rain. That could definitely be a reason why you might want a quick adjustment.

Here is a review by Casey Snyder of the ISC Apex. I watched this before getting the Notch Flow and I still wasn't convinced...

Last edited:
Back