Regarding Covid

Unfortunately, that video on the plane hits a little close to home. One of the guys in my FH has a wife who hangs on every one of Fauci's words and believes we are in the middle of the black plague. Won't leave their house without wearing 2 or 3 masks, insists on at least 6ft. of distance and demands to see proof of people taking the jab. She still believes the unjabbed are what are driving this over-reaction, even after both of their jabbed daughters came down with Fauci Flu. Ever so slightly pathetic.

That fearful attitude sounds more genuine/consistent to me than refusing to where a mask, but insisting others prove they had a shot...this is part of what makes the video look staged and the antagonist look flawed.

It's pretty sketchy right now. Main stream news and all... You know?

Back in the 60s most media I heard was local news papers and broadcasting stations up to 300 miles radius of my locale . NBC and ABC filled in about an hour of evening national and world-wide news. Walter Cronkite. all that. Figure1 hour a day of main stream news / media.

It's none stop today. Oh, my.

@BeerGeek do you know long-haulers?
Sean,

If you're referring to 'long-haul Covid sufferer", I know one. Took nine months to get over all the symptoms/side effects. Being that he is over 350lbs, ex-smoker, and has a most-likely bourbon shrunken liver, I can't say it was a surprise. However, long-haulers are more of the outlier cases (at least around here). Still, if your risk tolerance has shrunken to that level being that overly concerned, maybe one should think about doing all they themselves can do to limit their risk, and not impose on others due to their personal concerns.

If it's long-haul truckers you're referring to, I know one and he's a blast to drink with.... ;)

The USA government doesn’t make it’s fighter jets, they buy fighter jets from a private corporation manufacturer.
What if our government had no employees but just vendors, contractors and outsourced labor?
Our Representative government tends to protect the corporation (has individual right) over the individual citizen.
Like a stock for labor… to work for the corporation to make products for the government. Sorry my mind wanders.

They honestly don't even need our labor anymore, just our consumption. Us buying dumb shit is what drives all this, not just here but worldwide. But the government does have a ton of employees, they are the number one employer in the country, and they still hire stuff out. The whole point of capitalism in this country absolutely requires that the free market is what drives innovation. Our government, really wanting our markets to do well then pays for all sorts of other random stuff like research, the results of which are then sold on the free market, often with subsidies on top of it to ensure that it will succeed. While this is complete and utter insanity, in reality it has what has enabled our exponential growth over the last century. All of China's growth in the last 50 years has been because they adopted this type of government stimulated capitalist market, albet strictly controlled with its own problems and success stories. The only problems are that it is completely unsustainable on a planet with finite resources and an exploding population and it rewards only a few while many suffer. It'll be interesting to see what ai comes up with, because there's about zero chance that we will.

Ok...hi...yes, that was a few weeks ago. Haven't heard much since. People are allowed to protest.

Interstate borders opened here, within one day of Tasmania opening to the rest of Oz, bang, Covid cases. We are wearing masks indoors now, first time in two years. Double vax travellers brought it in.
We are a big experiment, 90% vaccinated population, QR code check in apps and indoor masks now, vaccinated travellers allowed from everywhere..see how it all plays out over the next few months.
They reckon we'll all get it eventually but not too bad because of the vaccination rate. See what happens.
Covid elimination is over, living with it is the new normal.

The masks are still mandatory in all our department, even outdoor. The QR code too to access in many places. They annonced that the sanitary pass will be invalidated if people doesn't take the third shot. So much for the ones who complied to the first vaccine mandate thinking they will be left alone or have an easy consience.
Silly.

The point of the vaccine is to make the illness as mild as possible for as many people as possible.
We didn't have that at the beginning.

Back