Regarding Covid

I understand that, John, but as with any other virus that mankind has encountered in time past, it will run its course and be done. There is still a case of measles here and there, but it’s nothing now. When a case pops up, it’s notable. Just a year or so ago, there was ONE case reported in Birmingham...the only known case of measles at the time in the state. Rather than anyone asking...”Hmmm...where did this case originate?”...they went on a tirade against anti-vaxxers. As if some mother who didn’t want her child taking a vaccine was responsible for a random case of the measles. That’s what this mess has done to us as a people. Caused division and suspicion.

I'll bet a lot of people feel that way.
This is our generation's test, like those two small wars and the piddly Spanish flu was the test of our grandparents and their parents.

Lot less tin foil hatters back then for some reason.
Actually .... less sheep back then

I understand that, John, but as with any other virus that mankind has encountered in time past, it will run its course and be done. There is still a case of measles here and there, but it’s nothing now. When a case pops up, it’s notable. Just a year or so ago, there was ONE case reported in Birmingham...the only known case of measles at the time in the state. Rather than anyone asking...”Hmmm...where did this case originate?”...they went on a tirade against anti-vaxxers. As if some mother who didn’t want her child taking a vaccine was responsible for a random case of the measles. That’s what this mess has done to us as a people. Caused division and suspicion.

Actually, I thought I did answer your question, albeit in a roundabout way.
It shouldn't matter.

As for Covid causing division, y'all did really well in that even before.
It is amazing to me that " The greatest nation on Earth" ( And please remember, I believed enough in that, that I bancrupted myself on a failed emigration try!) right now is composed of two equally big groups of people who hate each other and are unable to communicate with each other.
Way to go 'Merica!!!

Probably will be, eventually.
Hopefully.
So far, the vaccine passport is still mostly a thing that lives in the mind of Frankie.
Let us see what comes of it.

You, Scott, will have to stay at home forever, of course. :D
The vaccine passport lives in the mind of Frankie ? ... EU to propose Covid-19 vaccine passports in March - https://amp.france24.com/en/europe/20210301-eu-to-propose-covid-19-vaccine-passports-in-march ... Today is March 1st ... won’t be long now ... Perhaps you should do some reasearch sir , after all , The highest form of ignorance is when you reject that which you know nothing about. You and Frenchie better start hoarding cans of franks and beans while the cost is still reasonable:big-wave:

Last edited:
Ok, so now " Propose" means that it is already been voted in.

News to me!

Glad to have someone who is way more up on what goes on in the EU to cue me in.

I realize that being American, this may be news to you, but the way a democracy works is, someone brings up an idea and the people vote about it.

It shouldn't matter.

It is amazing to me that " The greatest nation on Earth" ( And please remember, I believed enough in that, that I bancrupted myself on a failed emigration try!) right now is composed of two equally big groups of people who hate each other and are unable to communicate with each other.
Way to go 'Merica!!!
Agreed. But this division has been building long since long before Covid was thought of. People talk of racism...of intolerance...of oppression...of discrimination...and all these exist...somewhere, in someone’s mind. When I was young, I thought nothing of black kids in my class. My best friend in the 3rd grade was the black boy who sat across the aisle from me. In the last 25 years though, those “poor, oppressed” folk have started waddling about with their pants at half-mast, their jungle-garbage blasting so loud at intersections that it rattles MY windows...and it’s all de white man’s fault...yeah, okay. Sorry, I don’t feel responsible for that.

That is one thing where we agree, which may be a surprice to you.

The "black culture" is the worst thing that has happened to your niggers.
The way a black person, who tries to fit into main society, is ostracized by other blacks is simply ridiculous.
I have a good, long time friend in California, who is a professor in Psycology at HSU ( and a mean fighter, she broke my nose in 1982)
She told me about talking to 3 black students and one of them "translated" what she was saying into ebonics for the others.

I mean, how ridiculous can it get?

BTW, I use the (I've ran out of vocabulary) word deliberately, just for Kevin's sake.
Us nazis gotta live up to the name.

Ok, so now " Propose" means that it is already been voted in.

News to me!

Glad to have someone who is way more up on what goes on in the EU to cue me in.

I realize that being American, this may be news to you, but the way a democracy works is, someone brings up an idea and the people vote about it.
I realize that being Dane , this May be news to you , but when you make offhand snide remarks like “it only exists in the mind of Frankie” I’m going to call you out on it .... every time

So where does it exist?
Except for in your little deluded tin foil hatter mind?

Show me a single example of where the law has been voted in and put to work.

Israel ... haha laughable ! You and Frenchie better buy up all the cans of pork and beans you can afford - you’ll be stuck in the hole 🕳 a long time ... tin foil hats 1-0 sheep

OK, so you found one place.
Good for you, that is a sure sign that armageddon is just around the corner.
Obviously.
I shall go huddle in my bomb shelter.

I guess the word " Irony" isn't found in your dictionary, Frankie.

if I want groceries in Monroe County, I have to wear it in the store. Trust me, if it was not a county ordinance, I would not.

Every county in Florida has different ordinances.

Last edited:
Random and not following the conversation but

i AM SICK OF WEARING A MASK TO GET INTO THE GROCERY STORE. I"ll get all the way up to the door and realize my mask in still in the truck. PITA. SICK OF IT, it is hot around my face, my readers fog up. Just over it.
I stick one in my pocket in case someone wants to get huffy but I normally don’t put it on. Sometimes I have to put one on to get in the door, but it comes off just as handily.

I am blown away by the absurdity of having to wear one to enter a restaurant...where everyone has taken theirs off to eat...

Yeah, I keep one in my pocket always, so I never forget. Granted it's my coat pocket, so I don't know what I'll do in warm weather. Shouldn't "need" one by then.

You aren't to far off the mark. I'm not even sure a large terrorist attack on our country would pull us back together.
It shouldn't matter.

Way to go 'Merica!!!

A $880 fine for non compliance in Ontario. It's that simple.
I'll choose a different hill to die on, thanks.
I have zero respect for anyone who'd issue a citation like that. I suppose non-compliance fattens someone else's wallet.....

Back