Regarding Covid

Meanwhile daughter and her family had their full-day physicals and medical assessment. Here’s her message:

“The doctor said ’I can tell you are a vegetarian. Your cardiac and arterial health are like someone much younger’.”
“One of my favorite things about Asia is that every doctor gives you their cell phone and email info. They all tell you to text if you have any questions about health, at any time. He told me yesterday, “I want you to have a good experience, so message anytime”. ”

Not quite like our experience here (well, except for a few physicians I worked with at the hospital).
“One of my favorite things about Asia is that every doctor gives you their cell phone and email info. They all tell you to text if you have any questions about health, at any time. He told me yesterday, “I want you to have a good experience, so message anytime”. ”

But remember, if we have socalized medicine we will magically not be able to speak English anymore.... it'll be like we were European or something! The free market is our lord and savior!!!! Thank God for our rich leaders and the insurance industry!

Socilized medicine and speaking English can go together, Kyle.
Just takes years of practice.

Hell, I even know a commie, who speaks English, sort of.

It was a joke Stig, as if the US finally catching up with the rest of the world would somehow ruin us. Our system is so terrible we're trying to make our school system the same!

picture this, little old lady falls down .......who takes a daily aspirin(or any thinner) and bumps her head. Small lac above eye. Comes to ER for stitches. We always scan the head to be sure there is no bleed, but now our hospital mandates calling it a "Geri trauma". Automatic 10K before we've done anything. dolla' dolla bill yall.....

this is only because is pages the trauma team, so they have to respond.

Jim, sorry if I offended you in a previous post. I was just trying to figure out what you meant. Carry on

My post was a joke, too.
Cabin fever is slowly setting in.
I can't even go outside because of the snow.
So I pass the time posting lame jokes here.

One good thing about socialized medicine is that it makes it hard for big Pharma to screw us over.
When you buy medicine for a whole country, you have a good position to make a deal on prices.

That is why a lot of medicine gets smuggled from Canada to the US.
Socialized medicine makes for lower prices.

A good example is the new hearing aids that are rechargeable.
I get my hearing aids from the State and the batteries, too.
So there is a huge saving for the State ( And the environment) in switching over.
But since we "only" get a new hearing aid every 4 years or whenever they break down after that and they have a hard time making tyhe batteries last that long, the State buyers simply forced them to issue a warranty that covers battery life for 4 years.

Another good thing is that the crap John just wrote about is non existent.

Last edited:
picture this, little old lady falls down .......who takes a daily aspirin(or any thinner) and bumps her head. Small lac above eye. Comes to ER for stitches. We always scan the head to be sure there is no bleed, but now our hospital mandates calling it a "Geri trauma". Automatic 10K before we've done anything. dolla' dolla bill yall.....

this is only because is pages the trauma team, so they have to respond.

Jim, sorry if I offended you in a previous post. I was just trying to figure out what you meant. Carry on

No no....no offense at all.

I use to like NPR.
me too... however I learned a lot from Chomsky about the media when this film came out in '93.

It became clear from Chomsky's exposes that all media, left or right, served the interests of power players in creating a worldview that "manufactured consent" of the masses. According to Chomsky's model, there is a small elite ruling class that believes the masses are too stupid to make decisions for themselves and so they must be manipulated or controlled by the media.

In general, the differences in political viewpoints of voices in the mass media are a function of the differing viewpoints of competing interests within that small ruling class. Bottom line, IT'S ALL A SYSTEM OF CONTROL. Prior to watching this movie in '93, I knew instinctively that something was wrong with the media. We were getting lied to but I didn't understand exactly the nuts and bolts of how. Chomsky lays it all out in a comprehensive and well-suppored model.

As a kid I used to get pretty bad strep throat. almost a yearly thing. one of my tonsils is still misshapen from bouts of it. 20 years ago, I spent 3 months in India and came down with a serious bout of strep which sent me to the hospital there. the doctor gave me a round of antibiotics, and instructions for using a tongue scraper and a Neti pot. I have hardly been sick a day with anything since then. I Neti pot almost everyday after work and tongue scraper twice a day after brushing. A couple years ago I came down with a cold while traveling without my Neti. when I got home I leterally ran to my Neti and cleared my sinuses up almost immediately. Anyone else here do this?

I've done that in the past for allergies and it helped immensely. Which reminds me i need to try that again, having problems again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fascinating posts, KB and Pat. I've never heard of any of that stuff. #thisdanghouserocks

Pat, is that saline lavage done the same way as the usage of the neti pot in KB's link?

Back