Regarding Covid

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Long COVID-19 Syndrome: A Comprehensive Review of Its Effect on Various Organ Systems and Recommendation on Rehabilitation Plans - PMC (nih.gov)

This review looks into the systemic effects of Long COVID-19 Syndrome in various aspects: respiratory, cardiovascular, hematological, renal, gastrointestinal, neurological, and metabolic effects of Long COVID-19 Syndromes. Recommendations for follow-up and rehabilitations details have been explored to cope with the tremendous Long COVID-19 Syndrome patients.

My girlfriend's cousin, who was a healthy, athletic 20-something is not forced to live with his parents due to Long Covid-19. Amongst other things, his kidneys are shot.

treesmith

Banned
In February 2016, after a week of sinus infection and ear infection, my wife called my folks to help her get me to the hospital as I had a fever of 104° and was unresponsive. They called 911, but as we are rural, my dad told them they would meet the ambulance. They loaded me up, and after a mix-up with 911 got sorted out, they figured out where they were supposed to meet us. One of the EMTs in the ambulance tried to push my head forward. I fought back. She told them to make a note to have the ER check for meningitis. Turns out my sinus infection had spread to both ears, then my spinal column, then went septic. The doctor told my wife that had she waited a few more hours, I likely wouldn’t have made it. I had showered right after work that day. And collapsed across the bed around 4:00 PM. When I “woke up”, it was around noon on Wednesday. I was discharged on Friday, and was climbing again two weeks later, though it took a couple weeks to get my stamina back.

My sister’s neighbors’ daughter contacted bacterial meningitis a coupile of years ago. (Same thing I had). I was 48 when I got it. She was in her 20s. She was very athletic. A gymnast. She is still not back to normal, even after a long hospital stay, and extended therapy.

I believe that things affect different people in different ways. Diabetes. Covid. Cancer. Meningitis. Asthma. There is no cut-and-dried solution. We are all dying, every day. It’s something most folks try to drag their feet at.

Last edited:

gf beranek

Old Schooler
God bless this good Earth.

Where for, through the miracle of life and consciousness, we can look up and ponder the wonders of the cosmos, and that our very being and soul.

From our first breath til our last... life is a journey and struggle for most.

Thank my lucky stars, in the meantime I can enjoy lasagna, Cesar salad, sourdough and Merlot.

I am so fortunate.

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
One commentator in the sidebar.. " Germs are not spread through the air nor are they the cause of any disease..."
Say WHAT now??? Someone was serious enough to actually type that?
I read it.

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Funny, everything I ever learned about germs, virus's and epidemics is suddenly all wrong.

New thinking today.

Looks like more lock-downs and mask mandates in the immediate future, Folks. If CDC has their way.

No more picnics in the park with the family, church, funeral orfamily gatherings, restaurants and resorts closed. WTF!!

Here we go again!

Wake up, people! It's all BS. Purely a manufactured crisis.

Having said that I feel better now.

I know others will disagree with my views. But not as many, I'll bet, will disagree with my views today, as when this all started.