Rear Mount Bucket ?

smog laws.....agh.......theyre killing you guys...just send it all up here man...we can start another division somewhere up this way for you and your boss to vacation at err i meant inspect the crews.....i love rear mounts just couldnt afford 2 rigs

i love my aloc

Customer: "What's he doing up there"?
Groundie: (authoratative tone) "Adjusting the hydraulics ma'am, might want to step back, think I will too"

Too funny! Seriously, we all know there is that hole north of the pistol that has a hose zip-tied to the others! Ha, No, we hold it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here I am just dreaming. The GMC is affordable, but it's a GMC.

The Int. is ideal, drewling.

Plenty of forestry mounts, ahhh!

8992846.jpg

6658573.jpg

I've been using my GMC for almost 4 years (and the blue GMC for 2.5 years prior) and other than the electrical issues it hasn't been extremely bad. AC compressor pulley locked up, fuel line leak, a couple oil leaks, minor transmission work, a snapped axle, fiberglass repairs, more electrical issues, but it's kept making me money and has changed my life. The down time is more costly than the repair costs so keeping it in tip top shape is critical to your success.

I thought he worked for Mayer. But if not so, that would explain the lack of response from anybody there.

B, I've got that exact GMC truck/lift, its a '96, right? 9,600 hrs, 34k miles, it's a miracle machine. Getting service on the ALC prob wont be a prob, especially where you live, close to their former head svc. mechanic who now works for himself doing the work.

I'm partial to International trucks, but I wouldn't worry about any diesel truck in good condition of recent manufacture. Well, I would advise that you get an inline six, not a v-8, for this class of truck. Any truck is going to have something go wrong with it. What is your closest big truck shop? Marola International is in Torrington, a friend of mine has done quite a bit of business with them with good results.

It's tough with the pricing, there is no two trucks alike. I just don't want a GM body truck, can't say why but I just don't I guess. I want an Int. or Ford, i hear good things about the DT466, and I want an auto preferably.

I know a local truck shop whose really good. "DeGennaro Service", Bethany CT.

In the end I'll probably end up dropping a good nut on a truck, I'm all about spend up front than later on. I think that red Int. was like $60k.

The DT 466 is a great motor, descended from IH farm tractors, actually. We have a '90 4900 with a 250 HP and a 6+1 trans, plenty of power.

Or I can go cheap and remount an older boom on a new chassis. This truck is local, 6500$. Andrew Lathan swears by the skyworkers. I get nervous because they are older.

3k43o63l45T35X35S3b8la8b084b2afd816fe.jpg

I'll back Andrew up on that; My last Skyworker was from the mid-sixties, and it still pasted x-ray and dialectric in 2004. They were a great boom with excellent articulation, and you could repair them yourself (cables, etc.) easily. I only got rid of it to go taller.

Back