Holan bucket truck outriggers, the rebuildening

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no real good pics, but its leaking again (right out the gland nut as far as I can tell)
got the outrigger out today with a buddies crane and backhoe, took 2.5 hours and got 2 free machines for the day, taking it back to the shop tomorrow to get it fixed
this time im making sure they can pressure test it or im testing it myself in their parkinglot, since we have a backhoe on the job now we got to dig a hole deep enough to drop the outrigger into and not crib the truck up, so it can go back to work to haul chips atleast!

yall aint gonna believe this

got the rebuild outrigger in, doesnt seem to be leaking, alls well
the driver side outrigger seal frigged right off into the sunset, WTF

im scared if I replace it then all my boom hoses are gonna go

The joys of maintaining used gear. After a bit, it'll be all new parts, and less to worry about ;^)

, it'll be all new parts, and less to worry about ;^)
yeah, 30 something year old boom, even with all new hydraulics I still dont like it, great boom and solid as can be, mild fiberglass damage (saw nicks and the corners have had the gel coat worn off on limbs) but other than that I honestly think it is good for another 30, IDK if osha has a rule on it tho, if they do I think I heard it was 20 or 25 years

hoping to replace the truck next year, or at the very least the boom and I gotta rebuild the dump hoist (rust got it, whole underside of the box is almost gone)
still debating on a crane or spider lift, might not buy another bucket truck but IDK yet

Back