Rear Mount Bucket ?

Still the best around. They probably have a patent and the other companies are just waiting for it to expire. I can not prove that though.

I am surprised that Altec or Hi-ranger never bought them out. Maybe John never offered it up for sale though.

I wish there was a range of motion video on youtube or something. There is just nearly zero info online about them which suprises me if they are that great. The buzz doesn't have alot of good to say about them

Yes it is a wonder why Mat 3 in in the background. Greg Good has two of them. That should speak for itself.

They are such a small company, turning two rigs a year, it's no wonder.

Like I said, "if I had the capital to invest in Mat 3,, I would." I stand by my conviction that they have the best aerial lift rig. They just don't have the money to overcome the big boys.

Contact Greg Good to find out more about Mat 3. I am sure that he would find the inquiries exciting.

Interesting, I didn't know Greg had a business that large. Probably be awhile before I can upgrade but just trying to weigh the options if an opportunity arises

Dave Norgard (TNTTREE) had 2 of them when he ran his biz. He loved loved them. I spoke with him in depth about them before I dropped the cash on our 3.

After being in the tree biz for over 20 years, there is no better built bucket on the market then Mat 3, the build quality is incredible. I have run alot of different makes of booms over the years and none compare IMHO.

I cannot find on Treebuzz where they are slamming the Mat 3, can you provide me with a link?

He doesn't like ANY non over center booms. The "cat's meow" comments look pretty positive!

Yeah, it just went off on other brands rather than focusing on the mat3. That with BB's remarks is what triggered that.
I happen to love the reach on my boom. I get 40' side reach at 20' off the ground

Attachments

• DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
It's the stinger boom on the Mat 3 that sells me. Allows you to set up in tighter places, unfold and then extend out. The over center ability is a nice feature for its convenience, but not entirely necessary. Just rotate and you got the same thing.

Oh, nice rig, Willie

I wonder if an over center stinger boom with an elevator could be made???? Now that would be the ultimate!

Good stuff is expensive and so is essential stuff, generally, when it comes to instruments for working. Some seller got hip to that a long time ago.

Here is an awesome 120 ft rear mount that is for sale for 25K.

5588354.jpg

8060993.jpg

I think that just seeing that rig would encourage people to hire you. The first place I'd go is the crane operator's house with his won't work in the heat attitude recently.

That would be great for picking peppers in the garden. I could park somewhere on the front lawn and boom over the house to the garden, keep my feet nice and dry.:lol:

My problem with that is what Craig already touched on, unfolding the boom would make it unusable in older areas. The squirt is a sweet feature for sure

We got one.

One of our boom truck's is a1997 F series Altec, that can really sneak in a spot. All the guy's like it but the newer booms go out unless this one is asked for. This is a busy street in Lake Elsinore,Ca. We had the city guys and the cop's and all 'keeping us in-line- arg!
P5050001.jpg P5050001.jpg P5050002.jpg

Attachments

• P5050003.jpg
    P5050003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P5050004.jpg
    P5050004.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 14
  • P5050005.jpg
    P5050005.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
Back