Pole Saw for home use

Mitch123

Treehouser
Hi There, I tried searching for some forums about tree trimming and gardening, and I came around this forum. Are there any god brands out there you can recommend? I will basically use this for trimming our Hawthorn which is really getting very thick. The height is around 15ft. Really a pain. I saw a good review here - thewiredshopper.com/best-pole-saws-to-buy. I just want to check if you have any feedback about GreenWorks Pole Saw or other good tree stuff. 🤭

Welcome man! Most guys would agree that silky is where it's at, i love their handsaws. If you click on the treestuff banner at the top of the page, they sell several brands that would be good, and with care will last a long time.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Mitch!!! If you want the best, start with Silky.

If you wanna get less expensive..

But silky is the best!

I’m thinking about buying a Stihl battery powered one.

For smaller stuff I’d recommend buying a cheaper pole pruner and saw combo and putting a different blade on it from Samurai, impulse hardened teeth and fine Japanese steel but not crazy expensive.
I have one on my Jameson pole saw head, it’s fast, very comparable to Silky blades.

Definitely worth the extra 100$ or however much to get so much more reach.

The Kombi setups look really versatile and if I was into landscaping I’d probably get one. Honestly though I’d only use the pole saw. I don’t want a leaf blower with a 3’ drive shaft on it, I don’t do hedges or tilling or anything besides trees. Still the 2 stroke Swiss Army knife looks sweet :)

Not really, I am this close to buying a fixed length battery polesaw for use out of the bucket truck.
I had loan of a Milwaukee one last week and a two metre battery polesaw was very nice.
Not too heavy, just enough extra reach to do the job, instant power. I don't need a telescopic one, too wibbley wobbly and extra weight.

Cool. Milwaukee SuperHawg cordless tools are kinda taking other industries by storm the past few years. Seeing less Dewalt and more Milwaukee around my construction, hvac, millwright, and general contractor friends.

They got a 14” demolition/ concrete saw, supposedly a powerful tool that uses 2 batteries at once and if I recall right, those 2 batteries are about equivalent to 2 tanks of fuel in terms of the work they get done.
The motors that run 2 stroke 14” demo saws are pretty comparable to what we see on chainsaws that handle 25”+ bars. Battery powered big saws might not be too far in the future.

Hi There, I tried searching for some forums about tree trimming and gardening, and I came around this forum. Are there any god brands out there you can recommend? I will basically use this for trimming our Hawthorn which is really getting very thick. The height is around 15ft. Really a pain. I saw a good review here - thewiredshopper.com/best-pole-saws-to-buy. I just want to check if you have any feedback about GreenWorks Pole Saw or other good tree stuff. 🤭
Are you looking for a powered or manual pole saw? Personally I would recommend a manual pole saw with a pruner head as well as a saw blade. Silky are king for a saw but Marvin, Jameson, and Corona make good pruner heads. And Fanno makes very nice saw blades. Try scrolling thru Treestuff our site sponsor, Wesspur, or Bailey's. I believe they all sell package deals.

Try one of these @flushcut
Not much more than Fanno or Corona and smokes traditional pole saw blades in performance and longevity.
Seems to dull a little sooner than Silky impulse hardened, but lasts way longer than any others.

Welcome to The TreeHouse Mitch!! I like either the silky brand or the stihl brand. I think it will depend on whether you are looking for a powered saw or not.

I've got a cheap Poulan that works but it's not heavy duty by any means .Having said that it's more than paid for itself just in the time it's saved me .For what I use it for I can deal with it .

I've got an inexpensive Poulan pole saw .It does okay for what it is and what it cost but it's not the most robust example made .Standing on the ground I might be able to reach 12 feet or so .It's basically a weed wacker engine with a flex shaft running the dinky little saw head .Fact it came with a weed wacker head which I've never used and have no idea what I did with it .

Back