Official Guns Thread

Also for my 50th birthday I picked up one of the sds duty .45 1911s
They seemed really well built I looked at 8 of them
So I bought one IMG_20201028_165650.jpg IMG_20201028_171351.jpg
Really liking it
I'm trying to find the carry version
And need to reload more .45s

Cory...did you ever get a pistol?
Hi, yes finally found out I passed the background check and got the 'temporary permit' which is still not enough to buy a pistol with, The Permit I can pick up at State Popo HQ in early March. :/: I'm glad there's no rush lol. But reading about you stocking up on all that 22 ammo makes me jealous! My gunsmith says finding a good, used 22 pistol will be cake once permit is in hand

The 1911 is a classic. I think if I ever get a semi-auto, it would likely be one of that flavor.

So far, just an elderly wheel gun here. S&W .32. Small and light, fits in my bedside table drawer with room to spare :). It would make a fine carry...but I don't feel the need to carry...yet.

It would make a fine carry...but I don't feel the need to carry...yet.

Good friend of mine lives in FL, he became good friends down there with a retired CT State cop, cop was real old school, couldn't believe my friend didn't carry nor own any guns. But then one day he said, ya know, if you haven't needed a gun yet in all these (63) years, maybe you don't need one. ;) :lol:

I probably don't, either. My place in life is pretty safe, all in all. But I'd never say no one needs to carry, and would never say I would never, either.

I have a generally mild level of need to be able to defend my home, much more than my person when out and about. Not saying that makes a lick of sense. But to that end, besides the little 5 shot wheel gun in the bedside table, there is a cut down to 18 inch double barreled side by side 16 gauge in the closet right next to our bed. 4 shot in the right barrel, 00 buck in the left.

Now I know it's not the scariest home defense shotgun out there...but I feel pretty secure about being able to keep my girl and myself from random harm.

Nice looking 1911!

Here’s the carry version....😁

View attachment 105118
Very nice I bought the full-size when kimber .45 was introduced in 1996
Excellent pistol very accurate never a failure in 24 year's IMG_20201010_155309.jpg
I'd buy a compact but I sell something to buy something lol
I sold a bunch of saws to fund some new pistols.

.... is that you Czed ? Avatar looks like a match ... I’ve never spoken with you about muffler mods or $1000 port jobs bro ... fake news man ... NSP2. Cuz PA WiFi sucks - https://opeforum.com/posts/874712/.... fake news man ... I’ve never corresponded with this bloke in any way shape or form ... oh well that’s ope for ya ... 10gallons of bullshit in a 5 gallon hat !

Last edited:
Finally got around to sighting in my Ruger 5.56 today. Put a 10-round mag in it and that was enough. Bore-sighted to get scope close, then fired a round at around 40 yards to get close. Fired 2 shots at 100 yards, with slight adjustment between, then last 7 rounds in about 45 seconds. Pic shows the 9 fired at 100 yards. Last five were fairly tight.

I feel fortunate, after all these years to finally obtain a firearm...View attachment 103998View attachment 103999
October 3rd was my birthday lol
My friend brought his new ruger .556 to our friends range
I was very impressed it's accurate with a very good trigger. 20200613_132147.jpg
He put a cheap green dot on it
I hit a 4" gong 18 time's in a row at a 100 meters
I really like like the smaller diameter foregrip.

My Smith and Wesson MP Tactical .22 will hit a quarter 10 of 10 times from 100 yards using cci AR tactical ammo and I’ve hit a cigarette pack from 150yds consistently with same ammo ... not bad for a .22cal

CCI AR- Tactical .22 LR 40 Grain Copper-Plated Round Nose 300 Rounds | Kinsey's Outdoors - https://www.kinseysoutdoors.com/product/cci-ar-tactical-22-lr-40-grain-copper-plated-round-nose-300-rounds/ ... Terrific round ... In my S/W MP-15 it does better than the 1.5 at 100yds ... The ammo has A LOT to do with accuracy especially with a pea-shooter .22 when you get past 50yds ... I’ve tried quite a few high end rounds as well as wally world specials . I always went back to the tact-22s, Cabelas had a bogo on em ... Let’s suffice to say I have enough for a lifetime of rabbit stew!:)

What size is the dot? My bedside AR pistol has a 2 MOA red dot sight. At 100 yards it covers a 2” circle so it’s hard to get as precise as you can with a reticle scope. I can group 2” with it, which is plenty good for its purpose.
He said it was a cheap truglo I don't know which model had a few choices for brightness and a cross hair
Not much magnification
I use iron sights on my ARs.

Serious looking weapon, Treesmith.

Hey I was thinking of getting something like this, it seems like it'd be good for shooting and home defense. Seems to have good reviews but one con noted was not good at 'double action shooting' Um, I thought that's what a pistol is, basically a semi auto hand gun. What am I missing?

This arrived yesterday for case prep. Tried it out today on some 223. Seems like money well spent. Set it next to the press and I can deprime, size the neck, cut the neck, deburr, chamfer and swage the primer pocket boom bang boom. Cutter depth is pretty accurate and consistant once set. Sure speeds things up.
Almost did not have it at all. Mail carrier delivered on the wrong road and address to another Cole up here. Just not me or the criminal one. Same place my ballots went 4 years ago. She messaged me while I was at dinner so I could stop by and pick it up on my way home.
Recently scored a dhot shell loader too. I been busy. Need a dedicated bench now. :lol: 20210314_180231.jpg 20210314_180253.jpg

Could have placed this in "In the News", but thought it fit better here.
@FireFighterZero @DMc Jim/Dave, were you aware of this travesty?

anyone seen that new forced reset trigger for an AR? seems like a bump stock gimmick but it sure makes it close to full-auto from vids

Back