O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

So far so good, I've had a few nice trucking jobs..It's also nice to not fire up the chipper on small jobs. I am amazed the speed I can move big logs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tom have you ever seen a thread about a tarp like affair that is in the shape of an open topped box? Can lift it with your grapple put it over your truck, ground guy pulls on a rope and it dumps the load of small brush and rakings. Can't find it on google.

Anyone? (Trash companies would use them as smaller debris boxes too.)

I'm gonna check those out as well. Thanks for bringing them up Merle.

I got another new piece of gear this week. No pics because I don't do selfies. I got the Protos integrated glasses. They go great with the helmet. Now I look even cooler when working. Now my crew says I look like I'm storm trooper special forces.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sfdsu_aTid0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I used to think all brake controllers were created equal. One or two people here put me onto the Tekonsha P3. Etrailers.com and youtube will tell you what it will do for you.

Maybe search it here.

I have the P2 in my other 2 trucks, also from advice on here. I have never used any others so I have no comparison, but I'm a fan of the Tekonsha's. The trailer wiring is easy, we had to basically redo the entire setup on my 4 runner when I added the brake controller. I was just hoping it was plug and play like my F250.

Yep, monsta bags, they hold up well. I paid more to ship them than to buy them but we like em

Love the bags. If you have a mini or a grapple set up, they are the shitz nit.
I have some small ones that some sand came in from home depot and they are a great tool as well.
There are days I just tuck prunings in them as I go. They never hit the ground. Move the bag from tree to tree. Then straight to the chipper or dump. No rocks, no dirt, not even raking if you plan it right.

I use the Bagsters fantastic for clean up. Load it up with the mini and dump it on the burn pile. Kind of a pita to empty but if you roll down one sone you can roll the whole bag over and out comes a burrito of twigs.

Sounds like we need to step up our tarp game! Thanks for the input, guys. I'll look into these more.

I think bagsters are okay. Better than a tarp, and not much more $30. I have a hard time lifting it with my mini and grapple, height wise, but I can. Maybe better to hang on the bollard post. The drawstring bags seem to be where its at.

Anyone have a link to buy? Anyone know the height of the whole deal, how much boom height I need.

I agree, painting the dump trailer would be an easy way to greatly improve its curb appeal!

That's not a bad weight Carl, those WS are built a little heavier. Mine weighs about 2k less.

I believe I spend less time "working" than the average person, but Heather disagrees. I consider myself always "working" in the sense that I'm always thinking about something which usually relates to work/making money at some point or that I answer the phone 24/7 unless I'm otherwise occupied. She spends about 50 hours a week for work, counting the drive and her lunch break. I can't imagine I spend 2600 hours a year actually working.

Looking forward to collecting my dinners! Leon owes me a dinner too, since 2007!

I went by the dump today to weigh the truck by itself, 46klbs essentially empty with 2 of us in the cab and roughly half a load of fuel.

That's not a bad weight Carl, those WS are built a little heavier. Mine weighs about 2k less.

I think bagsters are okay. Better than a tarp, and not much more $30. I have a hard time lifting it with my mini and grapple, height wise, but I can. Maybe better to hang on the bollard post. The drawstring bags seem to be where its at.

Anyone have a link to buy? Anyone know the height of the whole deal, how much boom height I need.

I lift with the bollard.

Which BMG do you have, Sean? The newer one (with the push teeth), is open at the front, which allows another, smaller piece of tubing to be inserted and pinned in. That, along with the fact that the Boxer does not have parallel lift, can give you more lift height.

Which BMG do you have, Sean? The newer one (with the push teeth), is open at the front, which allows another, smaller piece of tubing to be inserted and pinned in. That, along with the fact that the Boxer does not have parallel lift, can give you more lift height.

What a good idea. Did you have to drill a hole for the pin?

Carl set up a gin pole sort of thing when he had a tree on a roof above an AC unit. I thought how good it would be to be able to make rigging point for some situations, such as a very long conifer limb over landscape plants. If the end of the limb can be secured, and the butt roped, it could mean being able to take that limb in one piece

I just lashed the tubing to the BMG. Scott was there for that job and actually did most of it. I was in the truck trying to sleep off a migraine.

Back