O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

image.jpg
I guess this is my crews new chipper. 263 hours on it. Forgot to grab the books out of it to read up on this tier4 stuff. I won't get to use it till Friday. The boss is actually running a crew and has something like 60 medium sized spruce to remove. All floppers. Just pick up with the skid loader and watch the chips fly. I'm trying to talk them into getting a winch ordered for it. I'm gonna miss my 1800

Miss your 18"??? Say that after a week of chipping with Brutus there.

This will be our second bc2100. It's a great machine but can be a PITA to get in a lot of places. That and I really like having a winch. We use our winch daily.

The boss really liked the 790 but we were unsure of the amount of work we were going to have with our new contract for the gas company at that time. We also bought an older but low mileage semi and two 45' chip trailers. Going to be even busier now since there is only one other person besides me who can legally drive it

That is some heavy artillery for a tree service co. Does the sight of those trailers make you nervous, knowing who its up to to get em filled??:/:

It'd be one thing if you had a FB or a skidder otj.

On a large clear cut we can push 250-300 yards of chips a day. Trucking has always been the killer. We do hire in a skidder and operator on those as well.

You have me drooling..... You don't need a winch you need a wheel loader with a BMG. I took our winch off the chipper as we never used it, it could be for sale too....

Much easier to teach a guy how to use a winch than a loader. Whatcha got for a winch Paul? If I had a crane like yours I wouldn't need a winch either.

Got the plastic panels added to the stake sides today, she'll hold some chips now for sure. She goes to the weld shop tomorrow to fix the lift track and get a receiver hitch made.
Does anyone know if Ford had trailer wiring / brake controller wiring on 450's back in '89?
uploadfromtaptalk1453949199265.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I figured we'd have to wire it, but one can always hope, right?

That lift gate is the main reason we got that truck. We're really looking forward to putting it to use.

I used to think all brake controllers were created equal. One or two people here put me onto the Tekonsha P3. Etrailers.com and youtube will tell you what it will do for you.

Maybe search it here.

Back