O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Way to go Stephen on the truck!.... 7.3 psd and manual 5 speed is a great set up!

The F259 was a limited edition, I think they only made 100 of them..lol..kiddin ;) ;) had to get on the bandwaggon with the rest of them..haha

Arbortrolley, Jim.
I don't need a tractor to pull it, why do you think I have an apprentice:D

Have you seen the frame extensions that make it wider before adding the stakes, and the bag? I'm not sold on the bag, but I could load it fuller with branches when the ground is flat enough, and wide enough rolling room is available.

I got my arbortrolley about a month ago. I've yet to use it. The guys on the other hand love it. I'm with Stig. That's what the younger guys are for
Sean are the frame extensions listed with Treestuff? Or is this a part I need to fab?

Thanks, Reddog.
15590.jpg

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=1780&item=15588
Here's the bag.
15588.jpg

For brush and rakings, I'll stick to a Husky garbage can. You can tie up a good rakings-and-tarp burrito, and put it on the trolley.

I often have a half-sheet 4x4 piece of plywood around. You can make a platform on the trolley without stakes, simply by tossing the plywood on top, maybe a ratchet strap with a round-turn on the trolley frame. If you were feeling crafty, just put 4 holes in the plywood to accomodate the plywood slipping down over the 4 stakes, locking the plywood into place. I never thought of that before.

To me, its stupid to hand carry hundreds of pounds of gear into a backyard with many trips, plus roll the trolley. I think you can stack 'typical' Rubbermaid storage bins in the bottom, but I don't quite recall. The mini has reduced AT use by a long-shot.

Even short of having an Arbor Trolley, hand-trucking gear in, and wood/ fir-limb bundles out saves so much effort. The wheel and axle have greatly advanced civilization.

Load hand tools, saws, ropes, lowering devices, crates, etc.

Me too, Im thinking making one out of Aluminum

That would be sweet! We had one for a short while and they are heavy. As I got it for my wife and it was a grunt for her to drag across a soft grass lawn empty let alone with a load, we wound up giving it to another tree company that had a full-sized ground crew.

The thing to do would have been to switch to a full-size wife.
Plenty of those around in the US, I've noticed.

The thing to do would have been to switch to a full-size wife.
Plenty of those around in the US, I've noticed.

Haha! See, that's what I love about this forum. You get to hear perfectly logical solutions that you would otherwise never have thought of. That is one that never crossed my mind.

I'll play!

Bringing this home Monday. The finance company missed the cutoff for sending the wire out yesterday or I would have brought it back on my first trip down there yesterday. :whine: Only 4 hours away, so not the end of the world.

The seller is removing their decals. I'm planning on repainting the boxes then putting my stickers on. In the future I may repaint the cab to white. It's currently Crimson for Alabama... I live 60 miles from Alabama and 30 miles from their closest rival, MSU (Maroon). I don't care anything about sports, and I prefer white trucks.

IMG_8224.jpg
IMG_5050.png

Back