O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I just got to thinking about that drive, Burnham.
From you to Jim in an open Jaguar.
Got my imagination all fired up, I think I'll have to look at possible routes on Google map:)

I don't like stacks on a pickup but it doesn't look that out of place on that truck for some reason. Maybe because of the flatbed? I dunno if I'd leave it or not. Watch no one gets burned.

Nice truck though, you're getting quite the collection of fords.

Yeah Justin. I had to make a move on something quick. The F250 (white one) the new tranny blew and we have Dave out here. I hate having this big a team running and have to move gear with no back up plan. We needed the 7.3 for pulling power. I will tow the white 250 home and then take it to a shop to have the tranny looked at and analyzed to see if we just blew a seal or the torque converter. Or if we need a new unit. If so I will probably have a jasper and a new transfer case put in it. Or do it myself. Then she'll be good for many a mile after. Just bad luck with that last shop. Can't blame the truck.

Just a caution with 7.3 tranny, some of them are known for blowing a seal when backing up. I dont know the specifics, but a friend has a 350 with a 7.3 PowerStroke which they now call "The Joke" as it blew a seal twice. The Ford mech they are friends with said that tranny is known for it, and you have to put in 4wd but keep the front hubs unlocked or some other witchcraft BS. I wish my 250 had the pulling power of the diesels but I'll stick with my 5.4 after seeing my friend's issues.

Nice truck though, I am a bit jealous

On a manual tranny or the auto? Because I think the E4OD tranny on my 91 might be experiencing this. Like a blew a seal and not the whole shebang. This truck has the 5 speed and no 4WD.

The truck with the issue is definitely 4wd, and I'm pretty sure its automatic. They got it specifically for its towing ability, and they are now afraid to tow anything with it, and they've have to send another truck out to haul it back home twice.

My 91 just came home by tow vehicle :(
I hope I can get her back up in the near future, but we are now looking at a transfer case and tranny work or replacement.
I am addressing my diesel first though.

Yeah, but you can get a used one for a decent price. If the tranny support is inside tube frame rail on both sides it's a bear to replace.

Inside on the pre superdutys. The frame rail that is. I don't know what tubular framed fords you're working on. :P

The first time I pull a tranny on any of my trucks now I change all the mounting hardware for that crossmember to matching standard bolts. Ford used about 18 different metric and standard sizes it seemed when they put them together. Even the upper bolts for the crossmember 'brace' that don't slide out. I cut them out and replace with matching standard grade 8.

image.jpg

Reposting the picture of the mic if anyone didn't see it.

The crane op thought that the saw was a little louder, but my voice was much more clear.

Ground man thought the saw was quieter and my voice was more clear. It worked great!

Yeah.. cool. I am going to have to buy that kit anyway to get the boom mic and a lot of extra parts I guess. So I will get to try it since it's in the kit. Thanks mang

We couldn't resist any more, so finally ordered this: P1030900.JPG

Already tried it out on a job, where a large Normann fir had to go out through a narrow gate, and yes, it is all it's cranked up to be:)

Back