O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I like how they market that hole as a carabiner hole..... Back in the day you used to shove a paint brush in there so you could paint all of your pruning cuts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

A couple other things I picked up...

IMG_20130623_104153-2.jpg

YES, i am a traitor unto myself... My steel APTA is to big/heavy to be lugging back into the woods to set up swings and ziplines and such... I bought the 2 static lines and the bigshot to set up a big canyon swing this summer. Plus the BS is 'approved' at the company where the APTA is not.

Taking the time to customize gear isnt for everyone. Often the time in doesnt equal benefit out in a pure comparison. For me though, I enjoy the time spent doing it. Then, everytime I use it, that little bit of added convenience however small is incredibly gratifying.

I love that so much of my gear is unique and custom made to my liking. From footstraps, ascender tethers, saw lanyards, scabbards, my harness, and so and so forth. I would almost always rather make something myself than buy it.

Sooo true. There is a downside though. When it all gets stolen, you have a mountain of work in front of you to get back to square one, since buying new stuff is just the beginning.

If you have your possessions, and receipts for them, in a dwelling that burns, you are now missing both.

My father in law once video taped his way around his house, panning around each room, and focusing on valued possessions. Keeps the video backed up online. In case the place ever burns down.

What if the place you keep them burns? If I was really worried about that, I'd invest in a nice safe.

For sure video all your stuff!!!

Nice grapple and remember with the tape, ''if you can't duck it fu** it''., I like using zip tie's...lol..I use to have a shirt it said " Zip-tie mechanic". lol

Back