O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

riskybiz were is fort white fla , i go to milton all the time inlaws live there....love fla. what you fellas think of the climb right with super pads seen them on treestuff inlaws wanna get me a pair...

20 min north of Gainesville.
I've heard nothing but good about the climb rights.
Nice intro Again welcome

have yall ever hurd of the arborist school its called acrt? its in ohio...i was thinking bout it...

have yall ever hurd of the arborist school its called acrt? its in ohio...i was thinking bout it...

Hello Ch, Welcome to the Treehouse! My name is Mark I attended a week course put on by ACRT back in 1996 while working for Bayou Tree Service. It was good for me at the time especially since it was paid training. I still have my certificate. I received a certificate once I completed the course as a ACRT Certified Basic Arborist. The course consisted of safe climbing techniques, basic knots, some history, making proper pruning cuts, and ended with choosing a tree to climb using three points of contact until reaching a workable and safe TIP. Overall I thought it was really good. Also I live in Slidell, LA which I believe you said your father lives here too! Small world huh!

ty for the reply climbmit, im looking to move back down that way if your company hiring...there are no aviaition jobs in slidell area i have checked alot one in mobile but im trying to get away from aviaition , i love the arboist stuff and wanna get into it full time and make a living at it and one day have my own tree service. yea my dad lives in slidell down by huntwyck village were tee's body shop is..i went to high school in slidell back in like 96-98. at slidell high...well any advice would be helpfull and any advice in climbing would be helpfull to ....

o yea one more thing thank u for the warm welcome i have noticed everyone here is pretty awsome...this site is full of info . especially the vets i tend to listen to the vets more so cause experiance always prevailes over a book worm who just read bout some tech, or system ...imho

We do it the exact same way as you, Chris.
Wearing the company "uniform" ( Arborwear with a logo) is mandatory, since I like everybody to look the same, but safety gear is a personal choice.

The gloves we wear for everything but spraying and climbing are like these:

handsker.jpg

We bought 2500 pair, because that got the price to where we don't even care about tossing them out, when they are dirty or torn.

I've never tried Atlas gloves, how long do they usually last? :dontknow:

Mine last about a week of tree climbing depending. Then I retire them to brushing where they soon get holes in them. Love them though.

I dont wear them to climb so they last a lot longer than that.

.... what you fellas think of the climb right with super pads seen them on treestuff inlaws wanna get me a pair...

I share this review a lot. For me the CRs with the UL pads are great.
https://www.masterblasterhome.com/s...ltralight-Spur-Pads&highlight=ultralight+pads

I like 'belay' gloves...
http://www.altrec.com/metolius/iron...7&origin=pla&gclid=CJWF4NCR17cCFaYWMgod3hsA4Q

13.51891_d.jpg

Although some tight fitting leather palmed gloves with the fingers cut off can be a more cost effective option.

I got some Blue Mountain repel gloves off of Amazon a few years back that were really nice for running ropes. Similar to what you show Nick, but mine have fingers.

For rubber gloves, we order from some place near Chicago. I can't find the link right now but our gloves come out to about $0.50 per pair when bought in bulk. We only buy enough to get free shipping, which I think is $50 or $75. The quality is similar to WonderGloves. I actually think they are the same gloves that Treestuff was giving out for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thanks bonner for the review on those spikes. im lookin to get them today ...im going to order the hh today also i believe ...

k bonner i will wheni order my hh my mother inlaw is ordering my spikes for me ,,,, how is cleveland going right now...i go up there for work when were slow down here in bham, al my company is at the airport there in clev. were a satellite company .....

I think of Atlas gloves as 20% less grip strain/ 20% more strength for $3.25 a pair, off the shelf.

Wonder gloves are probably better in the real heat, I'm sure.

We like the gray Atlas for cold weather, blue for regular weather. Polar Penguins are warm, but the latex doesn't last.

Atlas gloves are fine in my Bermuda heat...but not warm enough for the Tassie cold...got some thicker ones from NubCo, they seem to be working fine.

I have ruined two pairs of gloves in the last month, one pair Atlas fit, and one pair of the thinner nitrile palmed ones...
Too bad the ones TreeStuff sent were too big...

Back