O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

That looks vert useful, Eric, hope the kids let you borrow it now and then.

My boys have been playing in that thing non stop since I got it home. We even had the neighbor kids over for a while. One of their favorite times is when I bring the chip truck home and let them pretend to drive and open up the man cab for them. Pure heaven for a 6 year old boy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I just feel that a guy must be comfortable in the exact gear he wears. Why should I assign him the gloves of my choice? I mean, I insists PPE be worn, but if a diligent worker feels like he would feel more comfortable or productive in a certain get up that I don't already own, then I get it for him. That stuff remains with me if they quit though. Its not a gift.

I get it totally. For us, with 6000+ field guys, 4k utility/2k residential, our liability is too high if any PPE or work positioning equipment isnt paid for by the company. So while you arent expected to purchase anything you are limited in what you can use. Should you use something non-approved you are stepping over the line and open for problems. At the same time, I dont buy ropes, throwlines, weights, biners, snaps, saddle, straps, etc. Of course I use all sorts of unnaproved gear.

Ahhhh the money smell...... :lol:

Like the scent of spinning wheels on a pivoting skid steer piloted by a groundy on too many Red Bulls......
Like the money meter at the gas pump, these are the days of our lives.

I get it totally. For us, with 6000+ field guys, 4k utility/2k residential, our liability is too high if any PPE or work positioning equipment isnt paid for by the company. So while you arent expected to purchase anything you are limited in what you can use. Should you use something non-approved you are stepping over the line and open for problems. At the same time, I dont buy ropes, throwlines, weights, biners, snaps, saddle, straps, etc. Of course I use all sorts of unnaproved gear.

One of my greatest mentors was a 15 year Davey/6 year Bartlett vet, who has returned from private residential back to Bartlett. He was LOADED with gear. Company approved, but name brand, top shelf gear.

hello all just wanted to stop in and say hello and although im new to this site, and in general climbing i must say its a awsome web site yagot here:rockon:

hello all just wanted to stop in and say hello and although im new to this site, and in general climbing i must say its a awsome web site yagot here:rockon:

Hello and Welcome ch74! It is as you stated an awsome site. We have a New member thread stop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Joel

thank you all were are u from in louisiana masterblaster my dad lives in slidell, and how do i get to the new members forum i really dont now how to do this stuff yet

hello southsound ty...i also wanted to take a sec and take my hat off to all you fellas im trying to change my career right now and this arborist stuff rocks ...

riskybiz were is fort white fla , i go to milton all the time inlaws live there....love fla. what you fellas think of the climb right with super pads seen them on treestuff inlaws wanna get me a pair...

o yea dont worry im real focused when i climb especially just starting out but thanks masterblaster, were in l.a u from?

Back