O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Brown Santa strikes again!!! :D
A few more "goodies" to (almost)round out my "gear needs" this season..... ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8082 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8082 - Copy.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 52
This been a fun month. First we got a new MS261, Vermeer BC 900XL, and now this....

uploadfromtaptalk1370714328184.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that's a nice "tool" to have, looks like EVERYBODY is excited about it..... :D

Butch,
I wasn't aware of that "option" with the gloves, I am now. Thanks! ;) :thumbup:

Yep, the more gloves you buy at once, the cheaper they are.
So this winter we bought 2500 pair.
Got them dirt cheap and we'll use them up eventually.

Nice dump, Eric. I'm jealous!

What kind of gloves are you guys using? I wear atlas fits and only buy a dozen at a time for about $26

Nice purchase Eric! That dump trailer will serve you well! I know ours changed everything. Not having too toss wood off the trailer by hand is priceless! Now, save up for that mini!

I don't own gloves. I tell my ground guys to buy whatever gloves they fancy and bring me the receipts and Ill pay them for them. I like them to pick the exact type they prefer. I keep some Atlas gloves around for them but they don't seem to take care of them and the rubber gets burned out running ropes. It seems when they have a nice pair of roping gloves, they keep track of them and are more responsible about keeping them handy at all times. My rule with safety gear is I provide chaps, glasses, forestry helmets. Anything else my men desire, I tell them to pick it out and buy it and give me the receipt. If its out of their price range, give me the catalog with the item earmarked and I'll order it. Every guy prefers different stuff and to feel safe and I let them custom tailor their own style instead of handing them what feels good on me.

Nice purchase Eric! That dump trailer will serve you well! I know ours changed everything. Not having too toss wood off the trailer by hand is priceless! Now, save up for that mini!

This is our second dump trailer. I remember the days of throwing wood off and shoveling stump grindings. Never again. That one is a 10ft box. Anything bigger is too big for us. I am hoping someday to have a mini to haul around.

We were considering one earlier this spring that a competitor was selling. It was priced too high for how much we would use it. Considering the type of work we do and the type of yards we are in, about $5k is all I can justify to spend on one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I just feel that a guy must be comfortable in the exact gear he wears. Why should I assign him the gloves of my choice? I mean, I insists PPE be worn, but if a diligent worker feels like he would feel more comfortable or productive in a certain get up that I don't already own, then I get it for him. That stuff remains with me if they quit though. Its not a gift.

Back