O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

kit95-2-500.gif

Do I have to receive it first or can I post if I ordered it today?

I'm excited about the "self-capture" feature.

Bad news is, it's backordered. :(

It's primary use will be getting mom off the floor and back into her wheelchair. Surely I can also find a use for it outside too.

Dennis, do you want a system that can't be released? It doesn't seem to have an option for letting out slack when needed. Personally, I think, for me, I'd rather have a releasable system.

It says the cam will release even under tension. I want the self capture so it doesn't drop mom back onto the floor while I'm moving her wheelchair into place.

From the website...
Generate mechanical advantage with the Advance Tech HX pulley from SMC with built-in progress capture and quick release of the cam (even under tension). This compact system can be used in place of bulkier block and tackle sets due to the high strength of the SMC pulleys and RockO carabiners. A great system for quick mechanical advantage with built-in capture and smooth operation.

Double pulley with integrated cam that provides immediate progress capture without the need of prusik loops. Stainless pins retain the rope when a rigged system is packed so that system can be pulled out and used immediately. Manufactured from high quality aluminum and anodized to help prevent corrosion. Ideal for all rescue applications where a small mechanical advantage system is being utilized. Up to 1/2” capacity. 34kN / 7,650lb breaking strength (18 kN / 4,050 lb for the becket).

Edit: it also looks like you can lock the cam "open" and let it freewheel...
An aggressive cam located inside the side plates close to the pulley wheel means that cam action is immediate without loss of progress or energy which is apparent in prusik systems. Also exclusive to the Advance Tech HX is a spring-loaded cam that doesn't require separate pins or other gimmicks to operate safely. Simply pull the cam lever back with your thumb to set the cam in a parked position and another flip of your thumb will again engage the cam. That means resets in piggyback rigs are fast and easy.

You should have gotten a grcs. The new improved version looks smooth as silk!!!!!

I'm just razzing you. I was eyeing that same system. Would be perfect for setting up a floating block or anchor.

Got it, Dennis. I looked on the wesspur site, I only read the main page and failed to click on the 'More Info' link to read that. Glad you've found the well suited piece of equipment for you need.

A double at the top and the mini t at the bottom a 3:1 or 4?

It's better to use "moving side" and "fixed side" as it can be inverted upside down or laid flat (for a speedline). If the double is at the fixed side (anchor), one pulley of the both is only a redirect and you get a 3:1.
Put the double on the moving side, your pull adds to the global force and you get a 4:1 (assuming you pull actually straight in line with the system).

Brian is correct. Dennis you will like that HX. It releases under load super easy, SMC makes some of the best gear out there.

Well it arrived in the mail last Thursday. Didn't get to look at it until yesterday.

My first disappointment :( with WesSpur ever... the picture shows the rope with a spliced eye. I went back and re-read the description and it says the "kit" includes 60' of rope. No mention of the eye.

Anyway, everything was in the box. Threaded the rope through backwards. :|: Start over. It's all good now.

Edit: Wow, talk about GREAT customer service!!! Nice Guy Dave called my house (see next post), left a voicemail, (it sends it to my cell phone), problem solved! His solution is more than I expected. I'm one happy camper now!

Well it arrived in the mail last Thursday. Didn't get to look at it until yesterday.

My first disappointment :( with WesSpur ever... the picture shows the rope with a spliced eye. I went back and re-read the description and it says the "kit" includes 60' of rope. No mention of the eye.

Anyway, everything was in the box. Threaded the rope through backwards. :|: Start over. It's all good now.

I called and left ya a voice message.

Is it supposed to come with a sliced eye?

Dave, I need to get a new kid saddle for Haley before the get together. Suggestions? I am going to measure her and see if I shouldn't just get her a small adult saddle as she grows so rapidly.

I bought two kids saddles lately...Petzl...Ouistiti and Simba. So far Hayden (6 years old, on the small side) likes the Ouistiti best. I still need to use them more to see how they work. Landon, my other grandson, is almost 2 years...I'm gonna try the Simba on him and see how that works.

I'll be buying the New Tribe and probably the Ouistiti this year. Thet are really starting to explore the tree climbing. Lilly is amazing. She has awesome balance. Levi impressed me on a rock the other day free climbing it. I showed him how to use foot and hand holds and he just went for it.

Darin, Is she grown enough to wear a small saddle? Or maybe the Sequoia size 1? otherwise the New Tribe Twist kids saddle is supposed to be more adjustable and go a bit bigger now.

Back