O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Here is our new to us chipper truck. 1998 International 4900, dt466, 6 spd fuller transmission. Has 115,000 miles on it. The body is about 5 years old and the truck is in awesome shape. The only thing I am going to do is paint the wheels, not a fan of that yellow.

IMG_0590.jpg

Sweet truck, what chipper goes behind it?? something big I hope....

2005 Brush bandit 1290H 15'' chipper. Not as big as most companies but it gets the job done. Almost bought a 16'' woodsman last week but chickened out at the last second. We just couldn't part with the money especially over winter.

IMG00206-20100608-1426.jpg

just a little something for the first aid kit :)

Attachments

• IMAG2154.jpg
    IMAG2154.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
My pallet from Bailey's landed today:)

10 rolls of chain, 23 dozen Hardhead wedges, 4 dozen logger socks and then all the fun stuff for climbing.

Not a day too early, we were running seriously low on chain.

P1010399.JPG P1010401.JPG P1010400.JPG .

Wow Stig, I do believe that qualifies as the be all end all order and shipment for the OCGD thread. $$:O$$

Nope, They are "Climb rights" http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=85252&catID=1407

Just something for the apprentice to start out with untill he find out what he prefers.

There is a set of Klein spurs and a wire core lanyard for him as well, that should see him fully equipped to start working in the tree tops.
Once the logging season is over, that is.
I require them to have a full season of logging under their belts, before they get to use a chainsaw aloft.
Seen too many examples of bad saw handling in trees.

Not too many $$$ actually, Paul.
About 12,500 worth plus another 1,500 for shipping.

Since most stuff is somewhere above twice as expensive here, it works out real well for us.

I suppose the costs of tools are relative to the business at hand. If you need Silky blades, let me know if I can quote a price for you. :)

Back