O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

2 Grillo sweepers and 2 snow blowers added to the fleet in the past couple weeks. Gonna go after some snow contracts this year. Have a Boss V plow on a 3/4 tonne already, and may shop for a skid steer if we get enough go aheads. I have over 25 condo/commercial sites to bid on in the next week or two. It should be fun managing snow accounts from a beach in Hawaii.

picked up the mail today and finally got my new raingear set, looks like some GREAT stuff and it was priced really well. $17.99 each piece plus a bit for shipping, really light and looks sturdy, now I just need a good rainstorm to see how it performs.

2422_IRSrainsuitParka_UnivCamo_LG.jpg

2423_IRSrainsuitTrouser_UnivCamo_LG.jpg

Thanks Dave. Are the cutter openings the size of a thumb or better? I don't like the smaller openings on them. Not effective in the brush. I have some black berries coming up and some live oak stumps on a job. My old one is kaput. got tired of fussing with it.

Cursed, I have two hedgers, stihl 30 inch double sided (HS-81T) and echo double sided, articulating head extendo hedgers (hca-260) no problem recommending either of them.

Well that gives me three to start shopping for. AS I do beat the hell out of these things, I usually buy them used and in good condition. Then into creek beds they do go :lol: Ohhh the carnage :lol:

Stopped in at Knot and Rope Supply today. Had a blast. Picked up enough rope to last me a little while. Try to post up some pics later when I get back home this weekend.

I need a hedge trimmer... 24 inch... two sided knife, blade or whot not(?).
Probably my next purchase.
Any recommendations people?

I'm VERY happy with my Stihl Hs R1 RC.

Handles the thicker stuff with ease.

Here are most of my spoils so far. Only things not pictured are some things I bought from TreeStuff. The Safety Blue and Fling It are Dads, rest is mine. IMG_2962.jpg IMG_2961.jpg IMG_2908.jpg

Nice score, Adrian! :thumbup:

Finally invested in a thermal cam for my engineering work; a Flir E40.

I always knew my wife's kitty was hot. :lol:

IR_0008.jpg

Attachments

• IR_0008.jpg
    IR_0008.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 77
Yup, and yup.

An example- Used it today to view a water to oil heat exchanger. You could see the oil wasn't much cooler coming out of the exchanger as when it went in. You could also see the water was MUCH hotter coming out. All this tells me there was a clog on the water side of the exchanger. Pulled an end cap, and sure enough... piece of silicone sealer was stuck inside a transfer port. Imaging after showed it working much better.

Electrically, there's a lot of stuff you can't just "touch" when it's in operation to see if something's getting hot, like a relay, coil, breaker, etc. With the cam, you can see it... and then address it after the power's off.

My breaker box. Notice one wire and a couple breakers are hot; this is the range (stove) circuit. You can see my missus is baking.

IR_0021.jpg IR_0020.jpg

That's pretty much what I guessed it would be good for. Way better than an IR thermometer.

I don't have much to show for OCGD, just a new chisel. Kinda boring.

Cool Erik. We once were having trouble with a pump switch panel burning fuses and after about 4 visits by an electrician/pump guy he had someone come in with a infared thingy. It detected heat anyway and they found a corroded connection in the back of the panel. Cleaned it up and no more pump shutting off in the middle of the day.

That's exactly the kind of problem that makes the cam a worthwhile investment. I may get paid by the hour, but hours of troubleshooting SUCKS.

Back