O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Well, if you find yourself facing some long-term loud task, you can always use plugs and the muffs.

I know exactly what you mean about the Peltor/Ecrin Rock fit issues. The Peltors seal much better mounted on my Vertex.

The low profile ones like Pete bought are sooo comfortable and seal so well that in real life use I think they offer more protection than higher rated muffs that don't fit as well. A good example would be the muffs on my Husqvarna helmet which are higher rated but don't work as well.

For sure you're right, Brian. No matter how well rated a muff, or a plug for that matter is, if they aren't fitted properly, they are far less effective. Since I wear glasses, there is always a little sound seepage at the temples when I'm wearing muffs. The specs I wear now are not bad at all in that respect, they are thin and fit closely to the side of my head, but I've had other frames where it was really noticible.

Stihl started marketing some earplugs at my dealer. They seems to be the best ones that I have found. Adjust the depth of insertion and you can adjust from good to super good noise reduction. Cheaper than new ears, and are washable, so they will seemingly last as long as you don't lose them. I think a dab of superglue on the cord would help, as they can, time to time get pulled off the cord, particularly if they are used in conjuction with muffs, which are supposed to cut some of the vibration that gets transmitted through the skull directly.

They are cheaper than new ears.

Pete, regarding the Schwabish prusik with the three strand, the bee line is new, so when it gets used more it might do as you say, tend to tighten up too much. Have to see how it goes. Appreciate your comment.

Got a couple kickin little speakers in the mail today, bought them at the shopping channel, first time for that, pretty smooth ordeal to be honest. $20 ish and a few for shipping, Li Ion recheargable batteries for these iHome speakers, useful for MP3 player or Laptop (I am going to write them off as speakers for my powerpoint presentations ;) ). Pretty loud although not much bass resonance of course.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/i...le-Speakers/pages/productdetails?nav=R:633220

Attachments

• P4060654 (Large).jpg
    P4060654 (Large).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
I hear ya.
But they beat earbuds for putting SOME sound into a room. :D

New to the fleet today ... Of course we will have to go through it and check things out. Just got her home.
1952 Willys Jeep...
Hey Willie.. It even has your name already on it and is wearing your special color :lol:
Maybe I bought Willie's jeep today :/:

She'll help carry gear further into the woods and tow the little chipper into those hard to get to places. :D
Still has the FH 4 in it :)

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3
The only thing worse than a straight bar are large teeth. The double side seems cool, but it's not, eh? Good as a weapon, I guess.

Thanks for the headz-up.

Havent seen that saw before, doesnt look very handy. I only have one saw with two types of teeth, a Prosentei, very rarely used.

Stephen, better go ahead and bookmark the JC Whitney website if you don't already have it. You can pretty much build an entire jeep out of the aftermarket parts they sell.

Yup... that Willy's is gonna keep me busy. Thanks for the webby Brian. I have a couple already. I guess my first dealio is going to be looking for a radiator or braise this one myself. Then have it dipped and washed also. Maybe a new water pump.
I need to get the valve cover open and see if something is getting enough oil. Then into the shop for some tightening up of the steering and whatnot. This is gonna be funnnnnnn :D
Thing is a blast.

Been lusting after one of these for a while.

Gränsfors splitting maul.

Handforged in Sweden, very well balanced, nicely crafted tool.

I have a lot of wood to split this spring, so I celebrated the end of logging season, by buying this for myself:)

P1000397.JPG

Back