O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Dang, that thing is sweet!

I just used it to drag three logs to the grapple trailer to load into my pickup for weight for tomorrow snow. Going to be handy for firewood when I get a splitter too.

I have a 60"cant hook, 30" cant hook, and a hookeroon, all Stihl orange. Made special order.:P My log scale is annodized blue, however.:(

waiting on my tax return before my next major gear haul,just a short drive to Orlando to the Vermeer store and trail saw.

Thay have a website (logrite.com) but I don't think they keep a current list of seconds. If you call then you'll be speaking to either the husband or wife that own the company.

Easiest way to make a hookaroon is to find an old axe that has either a broken head, or one that the edge is beaten up badly on. Take a cutting torch and cut most of the blade away, leaving just a hook. You can also heat it up and hammer the hook to shape. You could even buy a new cheap axe at the True Value and have at it without feeling too guilty.:lol: I really like LogRite tools, so when I can swing a new tool from them, I'll buy it. I know it will last forever.

Baileys order came today.... Finally ordered one of those Puma rope grabs/ascender that I have been wanting to try :D

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 3
My dad needed a couple chains for his two Huskys... Seeing his B day is the 1st, and seeing Baileys is giving the oil away with the chain purchases... I am making him a goody box :D
The rest is MINE MINE MINE MINE DAMMIT!!!! :lol:

My new secret weapon arrived today.
Only took 6 days to get here , that is pretty good.
I'll be hanging some nestingboxes in the weekend, be a good chance to try it out.

My wife is a volunteer caretaker at a bird reserve, I hang their boxes for them, that way they don't fall down and get hurt when futzing around in the treetops without any climbing gear.

ABR4314.jpg

Back