O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

:D

I've got some jobs it might help on, but by and far it's a play thing. Gotta find a helment store, the dealer mainly had motorcycle helments.

It'll do 73mph now. Put 26.3 miles on it today :lol: It's still in break in mode as I understand it, gets reflashed at the dealer after break in. It makes peak hp at 7250rpm, but I didn't see it get above 6300 today. Then again, with the scenery passing by at that rate I didn't spend much time looking either.

Shoei VFX-W is a hell of helmet.

I won't wear anything else but Shoei. Comfortable as hell, stylish, but expensive. In the end it is your head though!

I couldn't care much less what the helment costs, you're right.

7 miles between pins, took 10 minutes riding at a moderate pace.:evil:
HometoJJs.jpg

You live a blessed life, Carl. I truely hope you fully understand and appreciate that! :rockon:

Now, just don't break your neck!!!

Indeed, I have had good fortune thus far in life, and I hope it continues.

Up to 40 miles on it so far, it was right near nippy today! Hopefully ordering my helment tomorrow. :)

Ordered the helmet based largely on Brendon's recommendation. Pretty cool website explaining their thoughts behind their helmets as well. Quality before cost they claim, which is what I'd prefer for safety gear.

2142-1-lg.jpg

I was looking at Smith Optics, really not sure what I'm looking for so I emailed and asked. I'm figuring a fan would keep the fog down given my relative hotness, and I either need multiple pair of goggles or something to go from day to night riding.

Helmet should be here Wed I think.

Apparently that was a 2010 helmet that was discontinued and they sold the last one before they updated their website that morning. Instead, I'm getting this one:
"Metal Mulisha 3"
Metal-Mulisha3_TC-6.jpg

So far today my Curt reciever for the F550 came in. It's rated to an impressive 18klbs (2.5" reciever). I don't know if the dude meant to have free shipping or not, but I'm not complaining. It was the same price as the price matching etrailer.com, but they wanted $70 to ship it.
DSC01326.jpg

Nice hitch. The helmet...well, it sure will protect yer noggin, which is the main point, but are they all so ugly? :P

I shouldn't be so mean...my pair are not all that magnificent to cast one's eyes upon, either :D.

FWIW, none of the skulls and Nazi military helmet designs are deemed appropriate for use by FS ATV/UTV instructors :lol:.

:lol: I was going to go plain white on the helmet but then I figured it would show scratches/stains/wear worse than something with graphics to break up the pattern. I've never been a skull guy, but what the hay.

They offer a plethora of choices. I consulted a female friend and decided this one wouldn't clash with the color of my bike nor be a dark, heat absorbing color.

Some of the choices:
vfx-w-white.jpg

VFX-W_Crosshair_TC-2.jpg

VFX-W_Illusion_TC-6.jpg

VFX-W_Dash_TC-6.jpg

The third one is sweet.

I had gloss white, then went to flat black. Think I'll go back to white eventually, I'm known for the plain helmet at the track.

They have sanctioned trails around you? I have a trail that goes through my land I am getting real close to shutting down. The morons ride when it is sloppy wet and rut it all up. Then a couple weeks ago I tried to get a side by side to stop to tell him where I preferred he ride and the chump rode around me. Nice move, way to treat the land owner and have a nice trail to ride. I got a cell # for a guy who might know who the chump is. I got a place figured where it would be easy for me to shut off. Keep pissin me off, guys.

That's a huge problem around where I live, Cobleskill. The private landowners are about ready to close everything off. I'm afraid the yahoos deserve it, too. Trails that for 25 years of my own use were a couple of feet wide are now 6-8 feet wide and muddy most of the time.

The bad part of it is that people like me and some of my long time neighbors have been walking or riding horses on these trails for decades with no unhappiness from the landowners, but in just a few short years the ATV/dirt bikes have shat in the nest and messed it up for everyone. I sure hope when the fences and gates go up foot traffic will still be allowed.

IMO, ATV's make a great tool and a really sucky toy.

Here are my helmets...not my pair, I mispoke before :/:.
:lol:

I'm sure they are not as good as the Shoei products, but I travel much slower than either Carl or Brendon, that's for certain ;).

Attachments

• ATV helmets 002.jpg
    ATV helmets 002.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ATV helmets 003.jpg
    ATV helmets 003.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 4
I was expecting an old open face black helmet from the 80's!

Just got the insurance worked out, $26.13/ month for full coverage.

That's the one I favor too, Skwerl...evidenced by the presence of the goggles :). I use them for snowmobiling, too. I prefer the better visibility they offer over the smaller face opening of a traditional full face helmet.

Carl, etrailer.com was probably just having the other guys drop shipping the product to you and keeping the $70.:lol:

Back