O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

UPS or Fed showed up with a goody today :D
Got a good deal on it. My old case for my desk top was about done and the front sound jacks were broken. Well.. I thought this might fix it but nope.. I guess I fried the on board sound card. Probably due to the bad jacks I had to fiddle with all the time. Sooooooo new card next and then I will eventually upgrade the MB and such. Give this one to the kids. Case will follow the upgraded puter. Next year after I get the Wraptor. The old case ran hot. This one dropped the temps on the AMD by 1/2. :D DSC_0648.JPG DSC_0649.JPG DSC_0650.JPG DSC_0651.JPG DSC_0652.JPG
You can see it is a pretty out dated MB. Three HDs w/o SATA. It was 1st gen SATA and never worked. Card reader. DVD read/write. Works ok for the business. But I had it hooked up as an alternate entertainment unit for me and the kids. New sound card will fix that till I build a new one. Built this one about 6 years ago.

The beginning of every month I tell myself how I can't spend any money, that seems to never work.

UPS should be here soon with my new Asolo's. My current pair are long over due, this time I ended up with Fugitives as they didn't have the Sasslongs in my size. That's OK though, I like the Fugitives.

A bunch of small maintenance items for the Ford took up another $250, dammit. Glow plug relay, EBPV tube, thermostat for a coolant flush, fuel filter and cap, fuel bowl heater, and maybe a couple other things.

It's only the 4th too.

Brendon, if you think of it, let me know where your new Fugitives are made. I liked them when they where made in Romania. Then they switched to an Asian country and I did not like the fit.

Thanks

GEAR JUNKIE!!!!!!! ;)

kidding, and I know I take some ribbing, but remember, I got into this game later, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Well except for the boom truck, don't think, actually; I KNOW I will never want one ;) When I can't climb, I'll pay young guns to do it for me :)

I heard that certain colors of paint clog more, I think the brighter ones. I used to use mine, but it just fell to disuse, somehow. exact lengths stack better, and fast marked logs make for fast cut logs, accurately. I was fighting some oversized pieces into my stove last night. Not a bad investment. Not much to wear out.

Yeah, I thought it was clever, economical, and small. I always have white paint for locates. They said the flourecents are the ones that plug up

I heard that certain colors of paint clog more, I think the brighter ones. I used to use mine, but it just fell to disuse, somehow. exact lengths stack better, and fast marked logs make for fast cut logs, accurately. I was fighting some oversized pieces into my stove last night. Not a bad investment. Not much to wear out.

What are you talking about? :?

What are you talking about? :?

He's talking about this, I think. It's a modern version of a marked stick and an axe.;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Rc3g8IZVOg?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Rc3g8IZVOg?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Got a Dremel chainsaw sharpening kit today. For $9, I couldn't go too far wrong. Seems to do a pretty good job.

41QUsgXF0NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

About 2 or 3 sharpenings, Paul. I used a similar setup when I first started doing treework. Once I got used to getting the angles right, it was easy to transition to using a regular file.

I do lots of referral work in Pepperell and Groton area, beaker. Always feel like I left money on the table.

Well after months of trying to get over the large price tag, i finally broke down and ordered the Tree Motion today, only because i had a gift card that got me $100 bones off. LOL

Ill post up some pictures when i get it.

This has been sitting in the shop where I work PT, so I've been bugging the boss about it. Not touched since I've been there 1.5yrs, and never needed since we don't do our own mechanic work there. He finally gave in. Looked them up and they seem to run about $1500, WHOA! I gave him $200.

What do you mechanics suggest for washer fluid....kerosene, and I've heard diesel. What's best?

Attachments

• parts washer 001.JPG
    parts washer 001.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 4
I used to have one that my father gave me when he sold his gas station years ago. The first thing is to get a liner for the steel drum (similar to an extra thick plastic garbage bag). My old man is a cheapskate so instead of buying the expensive cleaner fluid he used 5 gallons of kerosene. The drum holds a lot more than that but you fill it up the rest of the way with water. The kerosene floats on top and the crud will fall to the bottom. The pump pickup is near the top so it only pumps the kerosene. And add a quart of ATF as a conditioner so the diesel won't burn your hands with extended use. It also has detergents which help the diesel work better as a parts cleaner fluid.

This method only costs about $20-$25 and will last you for many years. The special cleaning fluids sold by Snap On will cost you a fortune.
Oh, and a huge :thumbup: on the score! You will absolutely love having your own commercial parts cleaner every single time you work on anything mechanical.

Back