O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Just like to keep a nice sharp cut away knife handy when I am up the trees. Especially some of those wonderfully nice hollow dead ones I often do. The SOG or the Puma should do nicely. :D

I bought a Motorola Milestone today. I was going to upgrade in three weeks when my contract expired, but my phone's speaker died today so I ended up paying full price. So far this phone flippin rocks though.

3 weeks? My provider has terminated my old contract and done up a new one with the free/deal phone with well over a year left. I'dda asked.

I did ask. They don't prorate the early termination fee of the contract until a year has lapsed. I was on week 49 to the day. The manager can sometimes help you out this way or that, but I didn't want to wait for him to get back from vacation (today).

I was planning on upgrading in 3 weeks, but then my phone died so I warantied my phone, got it's replacement and the contacts stuck it in. Of course the phone I had before they no longer carry, so I was going to have to buy another car charger for this warrantied phone it. Then I bought this phone for full price and a car charger. The warantied phone is my backup now. It didn't cost me anything to do, kinda "gaming" the system, although I'd say I still lost that game. :lol: Even with a new contract it was going to cost $150.

Still a wicked cool phone though. Working on clearing out all the bs apps it came with so the interface will be cleaner/less visual clutter.

New Tribe Saddle

I am sure some of you are getting sick and tired of my talking about this saddle, but here are a few pics of it once I got it rigged up. 1017100732a.jpg 1017100732b.jpg

Another one of those guys who tries to buy the lightest saddle he can and then attaches more utility items to it than Batman?

I almost bought the Ergo.... That has to be one of the heaviest saddles out there. I have said it before and I will say it again, I like having what I need right on my side. What a waste of time calling to the ground guy to send up a sling or micropulley.

I got a pallet with 1600 pds of climbing and logging supplies from Bailey's today.
50 bars, 7 rolls of chain, 8 dozen hardhead wedges,rope, throwlines, hell, you name it.

After Richard and I finished unpacking it looked like Santa's reindeer had been hit by reindeer colitis while he was flying over my place, so he had to jettison the payload:D

Piles of goodies everywhere.

It was high time the stuff got here.
Last year I gave all my old steep angled magnesium wedges to a firewood cutting friend, because I never use them anymore.
Last friday I broke my last Hardhead wedge and had to borrow some back from him to see me through.
Banging away on that useless shat reminded me of why I switched to hardheads:lol:

I was out of chain and 24" bars, too.

Now the trees better watch out again.

Back