O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Steve, my main compressor is 170' away from the (current) shop. I have 89 days left to decide if it's "right" for me.

The 1000 will only cut down to 65psi (at its regulator) before it faults. It gouges at 40-60psi.

Jay, I believe the word you're searching for is beveling.

Yeah, I said it has a 50% duty cycle (minute of cutting/minute of charging). It'll probably be too small for that, I'm trying to think of other reasons to keep it.

Unless you're going to do some sort of production work there shouldn't be anything wrong with the duty cycle.

Hmm, the plasma has a 50% duty cycle (on single phase). I plan on a plasma table in my future shop, but I'll also have a mondo air compressor for shop air.

88 days left to decide :)

Well we scored today.... Actually the other day, Rob just went and picked it up this AM. :D A Troy Built 8HP Roto Tiller with PTO and a couple attachments. A customer wanted to give it a good home and thought of us :D Came with plow attachment and snow plow attachment also... Clean out the carb, clean plug, starter fluid and gas... Some WD40 for the clutch and some rusty points... She's a runner!
I still have to pick up a power scythe and a hot tub that was given to us this year :D
Piston kit came in the mail today for the FS250 project. But I will see to that after the GTG ;)
8)

Attachments

• IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 3
That's the same model tiller we have. No electric, but the Kohler starts in a couple pulls, every time, even sitting outside all winter.

Turns the ground just great.... We had a smaller one... but with all the gardening we do here. And yes she starts right up with just the pull... Guess the dang things go for like 3 grand now... :P
See if we can get the power scythe up and running... Brought it home tonight went through it a bit and no spark.... We will tear it down more tomorrow... Its also a Troy Built... Be nice to seed a pasture and harvest it for livestock....
Already working the tiller though :D

Nice purchase. That little grinder will more than pay for itself. I also would like to get a dump trailer just like that.

SKid Steer is Here!!!

The thing is BRAND SPANKIN' NEW too!!! Not even a scratch on the tracks.

It does have a big dent in the fuel tank though. :X Probably during shipment, so I'm going to try and sort that out. Maybe I can get a new fuel tank housing out of the shipping co.

More pics later. It's charging right now.

Attachments

• P6090001.JPG
    P6090001.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P6090002.JPG
    P6090002.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P6090003.JPG
    P6090003.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 5
The battery was dead. I jumped it, and it purrs like a kitten. ...a bad ash kitten! I drove it around a bit, but I have it covered with a tarp now cause it's starting to rain.

I need to work out a trailer and/or ramps for it now. My buddies trailer was no where near heavy duty enough for it.

Tarp?? whatt ya gonna do when you put the first scratch in it?

It's already dented from shipping it here. The fuel tank must have been rocked HARD. There's a huge dent, so I'm talking with the shipper to see if they'll buy me a new tank. It's pretty easy to replace, so we'll see.

Nice!

That musta been a good hit to dent the tank housing, they seem super solid, the tanks.

Lol, on the tarp. Rain!:lol:

Back