O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I probably need that, I'm 6'2". Cool.

It depends Butch on how long your calves are. Do you have short little bandy legs? or long runner type legs?
Also how do you normally set your spur height? Just under your knee?

I like the longer ones, but Gerry is happy with the little shorties. you may have to 'try' out a pair. Personally I like long spurs and I am not all that tall. 5'11 or so.

What's Happening All?
Check it out Brian.
A new tool for my weekend warrior exploits

Got the dump installed on my truck.
Here's some pics.

Expanded sheet metal for the sides were welded on the lumber rack and a 4K lb hoist.

I don't know how long it will last but still better than it was.

I'm curious to see how the truck deals with about 5-6 yards of chips and a chipper towing behind.
It did well with a full load of pine rounds and a chipper not too long ago.

Driving empty now it rides just alittle smoother with less bounce.

Attachments

• truckDump 001_1024x768.jpg
    truckDump 001_1024x768.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 8
  • truckDump 002_768x1024.jpg
    truckDump 002_768x1024.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 8
  • truckDump 003_1024x768.jpg
    truckDump 003_1024x768.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 9
  • truckDump 004_768x1024.jpg
    truckDump 004_768x1024.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks great, Deva! :) Keep an eye on the attachment points though, that looks like it will concentrate an awful lot of load in a couple small spots. Might need a little more reinforcement on those cross members.

Anything beats unloading by hand at the dump! 8)

Deva, that kicks @ss!!

I do agree with Brian. Reinforcing that cross member would not be a big deal. Niether would it add much weight at all.

Just keep a close eye on it & see how it goes.

The cross member on the tail?

I'm worried about the hinges under stress with shaking and shimming of driving unloaded.
Yes.
You can easily have tabs or some such attached to the frame. So when the bed is down it would stop any side shifting.

I still want one on each of my 1 tons, sure beats a pitch fork and shovel.....
BTW we dont take chips and wood to the dump.. thats just more usable stuff and or income.. :)

looks like plenty of room on flat ground, if not they come off so easy. i take mine off all the time toload the dingo

New Omni-block

got these two gems today in the mail

A chest roller from Rock Exotica and also my new Omni-block

If your gonna get a chest roller, buy this one. Hands down the best working most beautifully crafted chest roller on the market.

The new Omni-block now takes two motions to open it. Well not really, but it sorta works that way. Anyway, it is 'safer', and thats good.

Notice the cool little skull and cross bones!

Rock made this prototype up for me. It is different than what you can buy because instead of a ring to attach it with, it has a 'clevis'.
Dont know if he will put it into production or not. He told me the next one he makes will be streamlined more.

Wanted to post this on the buzz, but what a hassle! I have to make a new post to show each picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 8
  • OmniBlockOld.jpg
    OmniBlockOld.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 91
I'd buy a block in a heart beat if it was double locking. There are way around it but if I have to drop 80 bucks on a pulley it better be ANZI or OSHA compliant. This new directive has screwed me up. What two actions make it open?

Kind of hard to explain, but I will try:
Look in the second picture. See the button? O.K. Now look just to the right of the button. You see the grey area which is the housing? the movable plate snugs up to it.

When you push the button and then slide the plate off to the side, the device opens.
In the first picture, the edge of the plate is hooked very slightly. So when you push the button and then side the plate over, the button catches on the edge of the plate. That little 'hook' is the difference. In order to fully open the plate, you must push the button again. (or continue to hold it down)

Compare the two blocks focusing on that little area, and you should see the difference.

sorry for the poor description

The forum is messing up bad on me, but I'll try to post this. I got my new Husky 395XP today. They did some minor port work on it as well, but they couldn't do the muffler. I did a little work on the muffler and then put everything together and fueled it up. They sent a full wrap handle by mistake but I'll use it until the regular half wrap handle gets here. And the saw pumps gobs of oil onto the chain! I like having the option of more or less oil. Not like the Stihl 660 where you max it out and hope you can get enough oil on the chain to keep it from binding in the cut. Notice the puddle of oil on the bench where I was running the saw with the tach, setting the carb.

I'm trimming palm trees tomorrow so I won't get a chance to try it out until next week sometime. Could have used it on the oak removal yesterday.

Back