O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Ah. I have that version of the RG. I much preferred the "rope" version though.

There is a newer version now.

4th or 5th generation, I think.

Your gonna like the Tachyon. My only gripe about the tight eye hank I bought is, the eye is too tight. I really gotta work to get the biner into it.

Agreed, I like the pulley better too, but dont care for the flat webbing. I liked being able to swap out the rope if'n I wanted to.

Yeah the newest version has the cocoon pulley

I've been spending a few bucks on gear the last couple of weeks but I needed too in a big way! Here's the list:

Petzl Tresbee friction saver
120' 7/16 velocity
Zubat telescoping pole saw
2 8' orange poles
Jameson pole saw head
3 hook blades
replacement blade for my sugoi

That's all I can remember at the moment.

New toys showed up for the weekend...

Highlights included:

Sequoia SRT
Vertex Vent
100' of Velocity
150' of Buzzz
A Bigshot (boy can I find ways to get in trouble with that...)
Pantin, Croll, and a L&R ascender
Throwline & weight
Friction Saver
Some biners...
Some sewn slings...
12' Blaze lanyard

-mike

sounds like you are replacing all your tools or starting out new?
Sounds like a cool pile of gear either way. :)

The collection of stuff is pretty much starting from new, I'm just climbing for fun at the moment. I'm dabbling both in SRT & the traditional doubled setup.

And I'm already finding more things to buy... my wife's gonna kill me! :D

-mike

New gear pics are worthless without pics!!! Let's see the pile of loot!

Oh yah and welcome to the treehouse.8)

That's my new tires and wheels in the background.:D

Attachments

• IMG_6894.JPG
    IMG_6894.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 97
A fine collection of saws Justin.

Not an orange one in the bunch!

For a canucklehead, your alright in my book. Despite what everyone tells me.

Yeah, and the bars don't get flipped very often either. Every single bar has the name right side up. I don't think I've ever had every single bar on every single saw I own all with the writing right side up at the same time.
:P

If you are cutting pine and firs a looser chain cuts a little faster. If you are cutting brush or hard woods it is better to tighten it up.

Tight chains are for people who don't know how to cut.:P

And Brian, can't have the bars on upside down otherwise you have to cut backwards.:D

I had intentions on getting a dump trailer next year...I stumbled across this truck though '97, 7.3 Diesel, 4x4, 85k miles....I am thinking of giving a low ball offer to see if he bites. Right now he's asking what a dump trailer would cost me...

I have a crush on this body style truck too.:love:

Attachments

• ford 4.jpg
    ford 4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ford 3.jpg
    ford 3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 13
I'd pass Brendon, another truck that you won't use much will cost far more than a dump trailer will make you.

The $100 a month on my chip trucks insurance is getting annoying and it's only been 2 months since I've used it. I rarely go a week without using the dump trailer though, and it makes life MUCH easier.

That's a nice looking truck but the one you've already got is nicer methinks and already dumps?

Trailer= low maintenance

Truck= Fix Or Repair Daily

That's what I was trying to get out, Justin.

Also, trailers have low depreciation (unless it's like my old tree hauler) and minimal overhead.

Back