O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I had my doubts about the non rotating grapple. Figured my guys would have a hard time with it. Not true at all.

They all fell right in with it today.

Very nice. I wish we had one. The bobcat doesn't fit though most gates and eats the grass up.

I've been watching a couple hanks of 3/4" Tenex Tec on ebay rope guy the last couple months. To my surprise they have been disappearing. Last one showed up last night and couldn't turn down 300' with free ship. That's a heavy roll.

Loopies and eye slings here we come.

I've been spending money like a drunken sailor lately. Here's my new bucket from PCC (www.buckettruckparts.com). I had the Rocky logo left over from when I bought my first truck, the sign shop made an extra.

I screwed up when ordering it though. I thought the controls mounted to the boom frame and not directly to the bucket. I was wrong. I've got an email in to the company and hopefully they can mail me the mounting piece and I can have my fiberglass guru buddy stick it on the bucket for me.

The old bucket is in worse shape than it looks. I think it was swapped from another unit because the mounting holes have been redrilled a couple times and it's waaay out of level. Lots of small spider cracks as well.

What was wrong with the old one? looked to be in decent shape.. I think PCC can redo your old one also..

Jim, the cost of fixing up the old bucket, plus the loss of income from having the truck out of service is easily double the cost of a new bucket, if not more. The old bucket has a lot of cracks and weak areas, and the mounting ribs have been drilled 3 different times and it still doesn't sit level. I don't trust it without a complete rebuild, which I may do after the new bucket is mounted. I'll keep it as a spare, but I can't afford to take the truck out of service for a week or two.

Don't you guys buy any tools anymore? Bumping this thread. Not buying shite anymore for the business this year . "Cept maybe another 200t.:D

Attachments

• 6-3-08 002.jpg
    6-3-08 002.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 14
Don't you guys buy any tools anymore? Bumping this thread. Not buying shite anymore for the business this year . "Cept maybe another 200t.:D
Wow! You bought it. Now you will have to fight the urge to bid certain jobs to cheap.......just so you can use it:D

Tell your rope guy not to take up slack when the rope is going through the pig tail. I still haven't gotten mine welded back on yet.

You can take up slack through the pig tail, it's just best if the rope isn't bent by the pigtail (stand inline with the rope coming off the spool).

Congrats Brendon.......sky's the limit now. Go slow with the learning curve, and be careful not to have it in the line of fire if you can help it.....

A little package from Wesspur arrived today.:D

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 48
Back