O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

@BIGTWIG i would be very grateful if you could spare a minute or two in your busy life to answer a couple of questions i have about your saw. what model is it? how big is the bar on it? how do you like a quality of the cannon superbar? it is super sexy imo! and what kind of work did you have dont to it? full race port? or a nice and reliable run all day in the bush build?

thank you for your time,
wayne

@huskihl , m sorry if i offended you in any way, I have only been into saws for a year or so, so maybe he is only known to me for the blacking out saws thing.

I would hope there have been tons of awesome saw things before John was a youtube sensation! He has only been on youtube 5 months.

From watching videos of Johnny nitrous, he seems just like a dude in his garage trying to make a living working on powersaws, trying to have fun with it. if i am correct he has said that this is very new to him, doing his own thing full time. i have only watched a few of videos as of the past month or two so i cant comment on every video he has going back the five months.

respectfully
wayne
Didn’t offend me at all. Just seen too many guys run down the YT rabbit hole believing everything they see and hear. He put out a couple vids attacking a forum I’m on and it was purely for dramatic effect/clicks/views. It’s amazing what depth’s people will go to for popularity

@BIGTWIG i would be very grateful if you could spare a minute or two in your busy life to answer a couple of questions i have about your saw. what model is it? how big is the bar on it? how do you like a quality of the cannon superbar? it is super sexy imo! and what kind of work did you have dont to it? full race port? or a nice and reliable run all day in the bush build?

thank you for your time,
wayne

@Mesquite

That saw is a Stihl 500i with a 32” bar.
I like Cannon bars, they hold up well to hard use in the woods.
@huskihl ported it, he could tell you more about what he did to the 500i.

I put this together today...

IMG_20220423_181626.jpg

It isn't a flyfishing reel like the cool kids have, but it should take care of the rat's nest of line in my pouch. What's cool about it is the reel is from my first fishing rod I got when I was about 3. It was first used at Deep Creek lake to catch some seaweed :^D My fishing ability never improved much, but at least I can use the reel. I'd love to know where it was we stayed up there. I'd go on a road trip just to see if anything's as I remember, but I'm sure every inch of it's changed, and unrecognizable. It was a different world then.

Deep Creek is the name of a camp ground in the national park. I’ve stayed there several times. Had a lot of fun tubing there.
Edit. Never mind my ramblings. I just noticed the “lake” part.

Lordy that is a sweet looking machine. :rockhard: :rockhard:

Do you recreate in those mountains much?

And btw, do you wash or wipe down the 'house' and booms or are they just clean and new?

Well nothing for me as exciting as a new backhoe, but I just purchased a new/used 4 in 1 bucket for my Avant loader. It will help me with lots of stuff I'm currently trying to do with a standard bucket, but I end up having to get off the machine and do a lot of hand work. I can grade with it in both directions, I can scoop off high areas when grading without having to back drag 20 times, I can grab stump grindings without pushing them around the yard first. Should have it within a week or so. Here's the link to the product info page with pics, specs and a brief video.

Glad you are enjoying your loader Brian. To be competative in the market you are in I would imagine you need to be as efficient as posible
Actually I just need a few other small outfits that see my value and don't own a loader. Guys that aren't in a position to buy a loader yet, or don't have enough work to justify it. But yes, efficiency has always been very important to me.

Well nothing for me as exciting as a new backhoe, but I just purchased a new/used 4 in 1 bucket for my Avant loader. It will help me with lots of stuff I'm currently trying to do with a standard bucket, but I end up having to get off the machine and do a lot of hand work. I can grade with it in both directions, I can scoop off high areas when grading without having to back drag 20 times, I can grab stump grindings without pushing them around the yard first. Should have it within a week or so. Here's the link to the product info page with pics, specs and a brief video.

Balderdash! It’s every bit as exciting!
I still get stupid excited about a new pulley or carabiner.
Last month I was all worked up checking the tracking 4 times a day for some new tires.

Helped a buddy with 7 big stumps today, all on one street (4 neighbors). I kept thinking about my 4 in 1 bucket, especially when I was standing in front of my machine with a scoop shovel scooping stump grindings into the bucket. That shit's gotta stop! I bought the machine so I wouldn't have to do the manual labor part.

Back