O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

At 1.46, did he have some one tie off his tail so he could go hand over hand back to his main tie in point? Dude is a climbing fool. :drink:

I feel like a slug in the tree anyway, but watching Kevin's like running a kick scooter with two flat tires, and getting lapped by an Indy car :^D

@kevin bingham , hey any chance of you posting what I think was the original rope wrench vid here, it showed you climbing maybe a big elm maybe at your house and was the first vid demo of the RW? I think it would be really cool to contrast these 2 groundbreaking vids.

Sure, but footlocking is for young guys.
Not something you want to stay with once you get old and grey.

At 1.46, did he have some one tie off his tail so he could go hand over hand back to his main tie in point? Dude is a climbing fool. :drink:
Its a horse knot that I throw on the limb. I bring my tail with me on the way back and pull it to release. One of my favorite little tricks! Saves going down and back up. Having someone else tie off your tail would work too.

New Rope Runner looks amazing, and the climbing in the video was a pleasure to watch.

The Ergovation is a winner for me. I wish it had more spots to stow gear, but it’s very comfortable and easy to take on and off. I need to adjust the leg straps more and probably fine tune some other adjustments, but so far I love it.
I can’t say for certain yet if I prefer it over the TM. But if it had the same lower Ds as the TM and all the gear storage I would choose the Ergovation.

One of the best tree videos I've seen. You got it figured out climbing with that thing. Awesome climbing. And your cameraman certainly has a knack for how to capture good moments and progress. Definitely fun to watch that and imagine doing the same thing. Loved that final Rappel out of the tree.

Just wow.

Horse knot is slick n sneaky, thanks for showing.

Ok, not an elm, a big ol white oak. Awesome climbing. And it must have been such a thrill to be climbing a serious new style with a piece of carved wood being integral to the system.

Your garage shows a bunch of your pet work items- the plastic sled, the nice saw rack, and the old bike that no doubt played a part in a lot of your jobs.

Cheers!! :drink:

the higher center tie in spot. Looks handy for ascents... maybe

I'm pretty sure that that's for a shoulder strap thing that has a dorsal d ring for fall arrest. That way you can use the harness in a lift as well, so if you need to step out for a quick cut you already have your climbing harness on. I have it and use it on my cougar, but i don't have the front attachment so i simply clip onto the rope bridge. It basically turns it into a fall arrest harness. It has a front tie in too for industrial rope access.

There’s 2 of them, and the saddle came like this, no bridge and nowhere else to tie in. I’ll bet the back one is for the Y harness. Not on the back, I mean the one behind the front lol I’m tired.

Attachments

• 8BE6C1AB-C7F0-4B90-B496-44A16B403ADF.jpeg
    8BE6C1AB-C7F0-4B90-B496-44A16B403ADF.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
On the subject of saddles... Is there any use for twin Ds separate? I really like my old school clunky saddle, but that's perhaps one thing I'd change, and get the webbing bridge. The two Ds together get a little cramped with a few things clipped to them, and it seems kinda pointless if they always have to be together. Even with old school, the bridge design seems more practical. Maybe just drop the spit suspension altogether.

Back