O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm thinking of adding a 2-3 micron filter behind the existing filter, then dumping used motor oil in the tank. The finer micron filter will ensure nothing harmful from the oil makes it to the injectors. That would easily be a hundred bucks a year in "free" fuel. Also I could greatly extend the engine's fuel filter's service life, the trucks' filters cost $60 every other oil change.

117 gallons burned in 5 days! (First refill)

To put it in perspective, my logging buddy has burned 5375 gallons in the same time.:lol:

Don't do the used oil route, it takes a whole to explain, just trust me on that. The L shaped tanks are easier to make a tool box work with. But since you already have it, make it work.

Metolius mega duffel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365610077229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365610077229.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365610091181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365610091181.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365610104566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365610104566.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
You've seen it here first, the HD BMG Scoops! These are 1 of 2 prototype sets. Quite large and beefy for their intended application.

Also pictured is another HD BMG and a rotator for the excavator. I'm waiting on two hydraulic valves and the mounting ears for the ex so I can get it mounted up.

Attachments

• IMG_6900.jpg
    IMG_6900.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6899.jpg
    IMG_6899.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6898.jpg
    IMG_6898.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6819.jpg
    IMG_6819.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 79
Carl, speaking of excavators and hydraulics, have you ever changed out the seals on a ram cylinder? I'm thinking about it, it seems to be that some special tooling might be required, people have advised against doing it yourself. About $275 to have it done by a mechanic, and two need to be done. I believe that removing the entire cylinder is the best or only approach.

Hey that's not fair! I just got shot down by Valby's price and Timberland truck has nothing in stock. Shoot me a pm Carl I've got some questions.

Carl, speaking of excavators and hydraulics, have you ever changed out the seals on a ram cylinder? I'm thinking about it, it seems to be that some special tooling might be required, people have advised against doing it yourself. About $275 to have it done by a mechanic, and two need to be done. I believe that removing the entire cylinder is the best or only approach.

Should be similar to this one.
Biggest thing is keeping everything clean and that the shafts are not too worn to seal.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B4J_S4VDICg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jay I've done it on the swing pistons on a Cat 544. Almost EZPZ. Keep everything clean and use good seals. The hardest part was getting them out and back in.

Yeah Jay, you should be able to DIY. For $550 I would sure give it a shot. The cylinders I've repacked were no big deal. If you get in big cylinders the weight and torque can be cumbersome.

Sending you a pm back, Bud.

Ahh sometimes a long day pays off. I came home to this!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366321798.004369.jpg

Now if I was here I would have had two of Paul's helmet/comm systems too.

I ordered to back up on a crane job, but the 130 ton couldn't make the 160' picks with two large Spruce in the way. It is a Big handjob now. I cannt wait to ut it all to use. Today we got a decent spar ready to start zip lining every thing over the house.

What size/kind of tree is coming out?

We were down your way on Tuesday. Off Swan River Rd in West Dennis removing a dozen pitch pines and pruning some oaks. It almost made me miss it down there.. :)

What size/kind of tree is coming out?

We were down your way on Tuesday. Off Swan River Rd in West Dennis removing a dozen pitch pines and pruning some oaks. It almost made me miss it down there.. :)

And no heads up?

I have 17 med at best trees to remove for shore stabilization. Mostly pitch Pine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366329362.082374.jpg

Back